advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+16)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The horror of what Brexit means and the lies which led up to it will become apparent pretty quickly.

don't count on it. the horror, lies and ensuing cost have been pretty clear to anyone with half a neuron from the outset. those that need it in the form of dole queues, p45's and foodbanks would seem incapable of putting together the basic cause and effect that's taking us over the cliff.

It is only fitting if we end up with the Scots and Irish taking back control, instead of the English who think that is what they were voting for.
And the English will not even be able to control what food or medicine they can get. Or on what terms they can visit Europe.
Never in the field of human peace has so much damage been done by so few to so many (I'm being charitable and including some misguided Leave Voters in the many).

Simon Wren Lewis on how Brexit has already cost us about £2000 per household and how the Leave vote is shrinking as people realise we will be worse off. It's almost as if I was right all along!

https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-economic-cost-of-brexit-decision.html

I think allowing the country to leave the EU at a time when a majority of MPs and of the population would vote to remain is something for which I will not forgive the UK government until my last breath.

Simon Wren Lewis on how Brexit has already cost us about £2000 per household and how the Leave vote is shrinking as people realise we will be worse off. It's almost as if I was right all along!

https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-economic-cost-of-brexit-decision.html

Money is just part of it.
Opportunity of movement (to work or retire) throughout the best continent. Perception of the UK (this will be long lasting). The rise of the nasty Right within the UK. Our inclusion in so many EU initiatives (just saw one about pressure on Thailand to fish ethically). I'm sure there are so many others but I need to lie down and pretend it isn't happening.

I think leaving the EU at a time when a majority would vote to remain is something for which I will not forgive the UK government until my last breath.
I’m afraid I see it as a broader Westminster problem. Labour were right behind the Tories in voting to trigger A50 and Corbyn has colluded in delivering this bastard and proven to be ineffectual in even mitigating it’s worst effects.

I am increasingly of this opinion. She was a remainer only because she expected remain to win, but really her first priority was to become PM, and her second priority is to keep foreigners out of the UK. I hope she chokes on the poisoned chalice she has won.

She is a RINO.

I’m afraid I see it as a broader Westminster problem. Labour were right behind the Tories in voting to trigger A50 and Corbyn has colluded in delivering this bastard and proven to be ineffectual in even mitigating it’s worst effects.

Yes, I meant Parliament, not government. Both sides are complicit until they admit they are now acting against the majority wish.

We have a Government contemplating and preparing for this https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/no-deal-brexit-food-firms-13987417. Because that is what Tory pensioners and hard-line nationalists want so that is how you keep the Tory party and the Government together.

"A quarter of food firms face "extinction" just six weeks after a No Deal Brexit , an industry chief has warned.
Ian Wright, chief executive of the Food and Drink Federation, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The simple fact is that this is the biggest threat that our members and businesses have faced since 1939. Many businesses are threatened with extinction.
"It's that serious and I don't think people are taking this threat seriously enough."
"This is really really scary and I don't think any amount of planning could get us ready for this"."

I reckon the game of chicken will soon involve the whole country and the EU. Everyone will be dared to not just carry on as before after 29 March and carry on trading as normal.

I think leaving the EU at a time when a majority would vote to remain is something for which I will not forgive the UK government until my last breath.

But what effect will that have ? At least the Scots have a real opportunity to show what they feel by voting for Independence next time.

Opportunity of movement (to work or retire) throughout the best continent. Perception of the UK (this will be long lasting).

So often these things get forgotten about in the discussions. For me these are even more important issues than the economic side!

We have a Government contemplating and preparing for this https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/no-deal-brexit-food-firms-13987417. Because that is what Tory pensioners and hard-line nationalists want so that is how you keep the Tory party and the Government together.

"A quarter of food firms face "extinction" just six weeks after a No Deal Brexit , an industry chief has warned.
Ian Wright, chief executive of the Food and Drink Federation, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The simple fact is that this is the biggest threat that our members and businesses have faced since 1939. Many businesses are threatened with extinction.
"It's that serious and I don't think people are taking this threat seriously enough."
"This is really really scary and I don't think any amount of planning could get us ready for this"."

I reckon the game of chicken will soon involve the whole country and the EU. Everyone will be dared to not just carry on as before after 29 March and carry on trading as normal.

^This is something that worries me. I work at a company that manufactures natural herb, spice and citrus extract flavourings. Apparently 69% of sales go to the EU.

Not only that but my wife suffers from epilepsy and I'm concerned about the availability of her medication if the worst happens.

I am on the verge of emailing Theresa May warning that if no deal happens I will hold her and her government responsible and will be taking legal action if anything bad happens as a result.

I am on the verge of emailing Theresa May warning that if no deal happens I will hold her and her government responsible and will be taking legal action if anything bad happens as a result.

Do you think she would take any notice? They don't care what happens to you or your wife, as long as the party stays together.

I do wonder that enough of us sent her the same message, warning her that she would be liable to massive lawsuits in the event of a no deal Brexit, then she might start paying more attention.

I'm not so sure history will treat TM as badly as the others. She was a Remainer but sees fulfilling the Referendum and holding the Tory Party together as the same thing: her duty. Short of ignoring the Referendum result what else could she have done ? I would like another Referendum but I can see why that raises difficulties above and beyond the ERG. She may be one of the very few senior politicians to come out of this mess relatively unscathed: especially if she does step down as promised. Who else (realistically) would you rather have had as PM instead of her ?
My dog?

I do wonder that enough of us sent her the same message, warning her that she would be liable to massive lawsuits in the event of a no deal Brexit, then she might start paying more attention.

She will merely blame a) Those MPs who didn't vote for the deal and b) The EU for not giving her what Parliament (in other words, the ERGDUP) wanted. Plus c) It was what Parliament voted for when they agreed to trigger Article 50. All else, she will say, was the will of the Volk and she was simply carrying out their will.

She will merely blame a) Those MPs who didn't vote for the deal and b) The EU for not giving her what Parliament (in other words, the ERGDUP) wanted. Plus c) It was what Parliament voted for when they agreed to trigger Article 50. All else, she will say, was the will of the Volk and she was simply carrying out their will.

The title 'Right Honourable' has never felt so inappropriate for a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back