advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+15)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. Nonetheless, if you think that Labour is as split as the Tories, or undergoing any meaningful kind of split at all, then you've been misled, and the obvious culprit is the media campaign that has been designed to mislead you on this issue.

I am certainly not a gambling man, but if I was I'd place quite a lot of money on betting that neither main party will split whatever the outcome of Brexit. A few MPs might resign the whip (indeed a few already have), but more than a handful leaving either the Tory or the Labour party? Nah.

The hard right have indeed made the running for May within the Tory party, but those cowards are parasites who need their party machine host. We've seen Mogg march them up various hills so far, only for them to fold.

I agree with you about the media, I think it is lazy thinking to blame it for all the ails of the left. But if May moves towards any form of agreement with Corbyn about a customs union it will unify Labour and rip the Tories wide open.

I agree with the first bit, but on the QT audience point, I don’t think it was their thinking not being taken into account so much as their social and economic position being ignored. At least, that’s what Raga says, and he seems to have a handle on that stuff, better than me anyway.

Thing is, by depicting the underclasses as having these dim and bigoted views, you legitimise the ignoring of them.

The QT audience is selected to give a balance between eg Remainers and Leavers, Tories and Labour. They try to get an audience as representative as possible of the issues that are likely to be discussed. They ask the potential audience members to fill in a short questionnaire before selection. This leads to 2 clear problems; people may not be honest in their answers and some people are more willing to speak out from the audience than others. On any one day there maybe a global warming denier without anyone in the audience clued up to take him or her on in a knowledgeable way in front of the TV cameras.

Steve Coogan's hilarious new character 'Gavin the defence secretary' says that he is going
to build more military bases abroad to: “strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our military mass”.
Brexit, says the defence secretary, “has brought us to a great moment in our history”, when we must be ready to deploy “hard power” against those who "flout international law".
Eh? What has happened to us? He is delirious!

HARD POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HARD POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

StoogesRawPower.jpg

There’s definitely a likeness.

Indeed. Perhaps Jeremy didn't remove the bit about a second referendum, perhaps he just said 'stupid people' and he was misunderstood?

Look, it’s easy to forget things. Especially if you are getting on a bit and it is something trivial like a demand for a referendum. That nice Mr McCluskey was probably helping Jez write the letter - perhaps he dropped the pen and broke it before they got to the end.

Steve Coogan's hilarious new character 'Gavin the defence secretary' says that he is going
to build more military bases abroad to: “strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our military mass”.
Brexit, says the defence secretary, “has brought us to a great moment in our history”, when we must be ready to deploy “hard power” against those who "flout international law".

Hundreds of drones apparently to overwhelm the air defences of countries such as Russia and China. Ready to deploy by the end of the year...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rexit-says-defence-secretary-gavin-williamson

Does the cabinet have random drugs tests? If so Gavin should be a very worried man.

Look, it’s easy to forget things. Especially if you are getting on a bit and it is something trivial like a demand for a referendum. That nice Mr McCluskey was probably helping Jez write the letter - perhaps he dropped the pen and broke it before they got to the end.
Maybe the dog ate the last page and nobody noticed

Hundreds of drones apparently to overwhelm the air defences of countries such as Russia and China. Ready to deploy by the end of the year...
He’ll have looked at the chaos caused by one drone at Gatwick, and extrapolated from that. Count the number of major cities in Russia and China, there you go. Pity Maplins has shut, could probably have got a really good deal on a few hundred of the buggers.

Our defence secretary thinks our future military needs will be met by squadrons of drones and converted ferries.
Has he thought of commandeering the Seaborne fleet...?
Methinks he’s been reading the Beano for inspiration.
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/q/qbikes.htm

Is it not to break the self-imposed EU blockade ? Drones bringing in our medicines and jit parts for Airbus and the car factories. We will have undercover operatives in place sur la continent tout suite. Undergoing basic language training as we speak.

This could indeed be peak Brexit WTF’ery. Along with Bojo calling for the foreign aid budget to be scrapped. Britain projecting hard power with a tight arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back