1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Labour Leader: Keir Starmer

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lordsummit, Apr 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Watch him waffle and bluster with that trade mark irritating vocal delivery punctuated by finger jabbing and observe the shifty looks of his cabinet appointees. It seems amazing that this is actually an official Downing St production- it looks more like a Panorama fly on the wall investigation piece!

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson/status/1285655538467049472?s=21

2. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

If a second wave of the virus hits hard (which I think more than likely) BJ will not survive it (literally and metaphorically).

3. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

I love Sir Ks expression of disgust as de piffle utters faecal matter at PMQs

4. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Trump with an accent.

Darmok likes this.
  5. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

You mean that like Panorama, Johnson is a lying, manipulative piece of work with an agenda aimed at promoting personal ambition behind a thin veil of grand intentions?

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and TheDecameron like this.
  6. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

It's a giant step for Tories rejecting Johnson to turn to Starmer, why not another Tory again? That is why Starmer needs to argue positively for what he believes, if he really believes in anything...

ks.234 likes this.
  7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I see Lansman's lost the plot now.

I'd like to see the Left fighting the GS positions in Unite and Unison and arguing for a clean break with the Labour Party to set up something new, green, committed to health, education, peace, fairness and the TU movement. I see it as essential to counter liberal nationalism, as well as the real threat of extreme nationalism, as it's already clear that Starmer has nothing to offer but a return to the 90s.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-for-joining-labour-attack-on-whistleblowers

8. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Any Labour MPs got the nerve to tweet support for Seth Rogen I wonder? This is a fairly balanced piece in the Guardian (for once)

“[As] a Jewish person I was fed a huge amount of lies about Israel my entire life,” Rogen told the comedian and actor Marc Maron in an episode of Maron’s WTF podcast.

“They never tell you that, ‘Oh, by the way, there were people there’. They make it seem like it was just like sitting there, like the f*cking door’s open.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/29/seth-rogen-israel-palestinians-jewish-actor

jackbarron likes this.
  9. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

10. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

This was the man they invited on to ‘Have I got News for You’ on a regular basis just to laugh at. Enough said.

11. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Oh God no. The last thing we want is to go back to winning elections.

12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Winning an election by being more Tory than the Tories will only suit closet Tories

13. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

We've got no idea what Starmer is going to do and we may well not know at the time he becomes PM should that event happen. Look at Johnson after a year. Is he going to deliver low everything for his backers or is he going to deliver for his party and address some of the needs of the new conservative supporters? We still don't know and the two are wholly incompatible.

14. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Lame little insults and a chance to look forward to more glorious opposition, well done you.

It is interesting watching Len using member's donations to try and further a personal agenda, reminds of another party whose donors expect to call the tune using shareholder's money, who could that be I wonder? Good old Len, sooner he fvcks off into well deserved anonymity the better chance of actually winning the odd election.

thebigfredc and Woodface like this.
  15. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

SteveS1 likes this.
  16. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Gotta love that shit-stirring headline. Typical Guardian (or, rather, Observer).

I can see Unite scaling down donations but it's hard to see them pulling the plug entirely. Where else are they going to go?

Might be scaling down my own contributions soon - waiting to see how the NEC elections go.

ks.234 likes this.
  17. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Like it or not, all donations (including those of other unions, large private and corporate donations) come with an agenda attached.

Labour relies on large donations from several unions and still falls way short of the finacial firepower of the Conservatives. I would rather those large donations came from unions, rather than big business. For me, the clue is in the name of the party.

However, none of this is satisfactory and we should add reform of political party finances to the long list of essential democratic reforms.

18. Joe Hutch

What would you prefer it to say? 'Len McCluskey a bit miffed about payments by Labour to settle libel claims'?

19. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

To be honest I'd be happy if The Guardian went bust at this point.

20. Joe Hutch

Oh. Well, I've never liked it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.