advertisement

NCC200 V1.4/Cap6 GB

Graham thanks for posting the parts list :cool:
Could I suggest a few mods
Freeze the panes for the title row so it remains visible when you scroll down
Centre all of the text in all columns except "B" which loos best to the left as it
is
get rid of the blank columns as it saves having to scroll right across

For me the scroll up down side to side doesent work I have to drag the square, could be my laptop or it could be an scrolling option has not been ticked when the document has been protected
It would be useful to put the wattage of the resisters

Shaun
On the parts list I agree with your choices except for C1, C5 I cant comment on the Panasonic FC in this position as I haven't tried them, I do use FCs a lot when replacing caps on my Reel2 Reel players and they are excellent and cheap, on my build I ended up with Nichicon Muse KZ 100uf/100v in there the Gold tune and Silmic 2 also sounded very good here.
interesting comment on using the silver mica in place of the Polystyrene

I also matched up all my Transistors with an atlas meter and agree that a stable temperature makes for more reliable results (paradise paranoia :D), it certainly cant do any harm and I think it will help with overall channel balance as both amps will have approx. the same current gain, but you obviously have to buy more parts to be able to get good matches. Incidentally I found the output transistors the most difficult to get a decent match on

Might be an idea to have a stock build and an ultimate build spread sheet :)

Alan

Hi Alan

Yup KZ 100uf 100V sound superb in that spot.

I used a mixture of Mica and styrene in my build to avoid the house soundy type effect.

I prefer to mix and match a little to avoid a dominant sound signature and as I said HF stability matters. Mica’s are superb in the HF department so I sprinkled some in.

We seem to have the same take (OCD) on transistor matching. Maybe the stereo elusion is enhanced having two boards electrical properties closely matched.

It can't hurt.:cool:

Some think that such things don’t much matter which is fine.

Each person needs to make their own choices based on what they think is important.

But that’s the big advantage of DIY.

Personal choice and total control.

AHHHH the paradise effect.:D

Likewise for the Nichicon KZ's; slightly bigger in diameter but work well.

I also used the LCR box section polystyrenes from Farnell which I soldered underneath the pcb and am very pleased with the results

http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/st...14758,110091187,110094368,110321123,111867332

The KZ are well worth the little extra effort squeezing them in. I also just fitted the bypass caps under the board.:cool:

But

TBH

I’ve tried to keep the parts list pretty standard and avoided any ‘’special parts’’ to give a good starting point for new builders.

I’m expecting some of the more experienced to select their own parts based on personal preference.

So just to be clear.

I never do a first build with anything other than ‘’off the shelf’’ parts. I’ve been at this hobby for 30 odd years so it’s an old habit but one that has prevented tears at switch on a few times.

It also leaves the door open for experimentation later once the amp has worked well over time.

It helps people to find out for themselves if fancier components make a difference or not.

That is a gift not to be sniffed at IMHO.:)

Hi Shoom,

Hi Shoom

Would you please put me down for option #1
Quote:
2 x NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.

I wonder if I could be a pain and ask you to include option #4 also?
i.e. 2 x Cap6 Boards.

Thank you
Meirkat.

Didn't made it through all 9 pages.
I'm wondering if the GB has been closed already. If not I'd be interested in getting following items for one stereo set:
2 x NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.
2x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors.
6x Cap6 Boards.

BR,

Klaus

Hi Klaus

Not too late.

Just waiting for Les to fix the price then we are good to go.:cool:

I’ll add you to the list.

Another who's a little late to this thread. I already have a full set of 1.4 and Cap6 boards, so if not too late, would it be possible to order just the extra bits for 2 NCC200's?
i.e.
1) 2x small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.

3) 2x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors.

thanks
Mark

Another who's a little late to this thread. I already have a full set of 1.4 and Cap6 boards, so if not too late, would it be possible to order just the extra bits for 2 NCC200's?
i.e.
1) 2x small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.

3) 2x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors.

thanks
Mark

No problem Mark:cool:

I'll add you to the list.

Hello gents
I'd like to join in if still possible.
2x NCC200 board and parts
2x NCC200 boards only
4x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits.
Hope it's not too late.
Thanks
Nadir

Hello gents
I'd like to join in if still possible.
2x NCC200 board and parts
2x NCC200 boards only
4x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits.
Hope it's not too late.
Thanks
Nadir

Hi Nadir

Nope not to late.

I've added you to the list.:cool:

More links added to spread sheet - all basic components now linked to Farnell

Wattages for resistors also added

Alternatives for capacitors will be added soon

If you spot any mistakes, please PM me or post on the thread.

advertisement

Back