advertisement

NCC200 V1.4/Cap6 GB

No still waiting for Les to get back to me.

from a recent phone conversation it should be sometime this week.

I'm attempting to find supplies of 'Quality' PCBs so a trifle delay
here men.

Suppliers are just a bit tardy with prices of the Cap6 boards so I'll
post the best price/quality I get during the next couple of days.

I'm attempting to find supplies of 'Quality' PCBs so a trifle delay
here men.

Suppliers are just a bit tardy with prices of the Cap6 boards so I'll
post the best price/quality I get during the next couple of days.

Hi Les

Thanks for the update.

so we should be good to go pretty soon.

Hello Shoom,

I'm very interested in the following if they are still available?

2 x NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.

2 x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors.

4 x Cap6 Boards.

Thank you

Hello Shoom,

I'm very interested in the following if they are still available?

2 x NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties.

2 x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors.

4 x Cap6 Boards.

Thank you

No worries

I've added you to the list:cool:

Hi All

I’m now in possession of firm prices which are as follows:

(UK Pounds);)

1) NCC200 PCB with FB Tant, Zobel Coil with resistor, Driver heatsinks and connection tabs - £20.00 per board (£40.00 pair)
2) NCC200 Bare PCB only - £11.85 per board (£23.70 pair)

3) Large TO3 heatsink with insulators, mica pads, stainless fixings - £14.25 per sink (£28.50 pair)

4) Cap6 PCB with drilled and black anodised heatsink. insulators and stainless fixings, 4 X stand off feet - £14.85 per board (29.70 pair)

Just a few words on the GB.

Yup I know that I’ve done things a little differently from the norm here but I’d prefer to conduct things pretty much in the same way as the VBE GB.

I’ll be doing most of my communication through PM so please make sure that you check yours regularly.

First stage postal details.

I tend not to keep peoples postal details on my computer and prefer to store them as a word document on a flash drive which I keep locked away.

So people from the VBE GB will need to re supply their details.:D

It would greatly help the process this end if when asked to provide postal details in the following format.

PFM name

Real Name

Full postal address including post/zip code and country

Postage requirements.

Please consider the value of your order and request the postal service that you feel happiest with. I used Royal Mail for the last GB and had 100% delivery so I’ll be doing the same again.

Please note that once posted my responsibility ends so choose wisely.:)

Anyone not providing their postage requirement will ship first class recorded delivery.

I’m intending to start collecting postal details within the next few days.

BTW anyone who feels the need to drop out for whatever reason please let me know when I ask for your address details.

The NCC200 are great amps with a nice upgrade path and way better than it’s some of parts IMHO.

I hope you all have as much fun building them as I did.:cool:

Hi Shaun

Two thoughts:

1. Is there a way to move the post of yours detailing costs, contact details etc. (#145) up to the first page of the thread - e.g. position to post #2 so its immediately visible and obvious to every one interested in the GB and any possible "late comers".
  2. postage options: personally I'd recommend choosing "Next Day Guaranteed delivery" with Royal Mail to PFM members in the UK. This option should be no more work for you than recorded delivery
If this is chosen (yes its more expensive than recorded delivery), the package is tracked the whole way and can be insured for its full value. Royal Mail is still the cheapest for this service.

Mail sent via recorded delivery can only have a maximum insured value of £22 (I think ) and it is not tracked - it goes with the normal mail and can get lost anywhere in the system. All "Recorded mail" does, is "Record" if it has been delivered.

I offer this observation as I have been burned using recorded delivery, so now for anything valuable or important I always use fully tracked next day delivery and have never had a "loss" with this.
I only discovered the limitations of using recorded delivery when it went wrong.

Hi Graham

Yes you are correct re the postage IMHO.

It costs just a little extra to send fist class next day delivery and it’s well worth the few pennies.
Overseas postage gets a little more complex but from my experience with the VBE GB the cost of tracked post (where possible as some EU countries still do not offer such a thing) is just a little more.

People will decide for themselves which is fine but remember these are not trivial sums of money involved in the GB so please choose wisely.

I’ve place the postal info in the first post.

Hi Shaun,

Can I sneak in a last minute request for:
2 x NCC200 PCB with FB Tant, Zobel Coil with resistor, Driver heatsinks and connection tabs
2 x Large TO3 heatsink with insulators, mica pads, stainless fixings

E.g. a stereo amp.

Cheers, Gerard.

Hi Shaun,

Can I sneak in a last minute request for:
2 x NCC200 PCB with FB Tant, Zobel Coil with resistor, Driver heatsinks and connection tabs
2 x Large TO3 heatsink with insulators, mica pads, stainless fixings

E.g. a stereo amp.

Cheers, Gerard.

No problem Gerard

I've added you to the list:cool:

Money is a bit tight this month, can I please downside my order to just one pair of bare ncc and one pair of cap 6 boards.

Thanks
Jeremy

Hi Shaun,
Could I squeeze in a request for an option 1 - 2 x NCC200 PCB with FB Tant, Zobel Coil with resistor, Driver heatsinks and connection tabs.
Regards
Noel

No problem moleman I’ve added you to the list in post 1.

OK all

I’ve started to send out postal details requests so please check post 1.

People on the list marked 1-10 please check your PM box. Anyone else stand easy I’ll get to you soon.

Money is also a bit thight on my end, so I'd like to downsize my order to:
2 NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties,
2x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors and
2 Cap6 Boards

Klaus

Money is also a bit thight on my end, so I'd like to downsize my order to:
2 NCC200 board and small driver heat sinks. Connector blades, custom wound inductors for the OP Zobel. 100uf Mil wet tant for FB duties,
2x Large U shaped heat sinks with fixing kits for the OP transistors and
2 Cap6 Boards

Klaus

No problem Klaus

I'll change your order:cool:

Hi All

I’m now in possession of firm prices which are as follows:

(UK Pounds);)

1) NCC200 PCB with FB Tant, Zobel Coil with resistor, Driver heatsinks and connection tabs - £20.00 per board (£40.00 pair)
2) NCC200 Bare PCB only - £11.85 per board (£23.70 pair)

3) Large TO3 heatsink with insulators, mica pads, stainless fixings - £14.25 per sink (£28.50 pair)

4) Cap6 PCB with drilled and black anodised heatsink. insulators and stainless fixings, 4 X stand off feet - £14.85 per board (29.70 pair)

Just a few words on the GB.

Yup I know that I’ve done things a little differently from the norm here but I’d prefer to conduct things pretty much in the same way as the VBE GB.

I’ll be doing most of my communication through PM so please make sure that you check yours regularly.

First stage postal details.

I tend not to keep peoples postal details on my computer and prefer to store them as a word document on a flash drive which I keep locked away.

So people from the VBE GB will need to re supply their details.:D

It would greatly help the process this end if when asked to provide postal details in the following format.

PFM name

Real Name

Full postal address including post/zip code and country

Postage requirements.

Please consider the value of your order and request the postal service that you feel happiest with. I used Royal Mail for the last GB and had 100% delivery so I’ll be doing the same again.

Please note that once posted my responsibility ends so choose wisely.:)

Anyone not providing their postage requirement will ship first class recorded delivery.

I’m intending to start collecting postal details within the next few days.

BTW anyone who feels the need to drop out for whatever reason please let me know when I ask for your address details.

The NCC200 are great amps with a nice upgrade path and way better than it’s some of parts IMHO.

I hope you all have as much fun building them as I did.:cool:

Very Good Prices there IMHO so big thanks to LesW/ Shaun for doing this ;), fill your wellies folks these are very seriously good amplifiers and well worth the effort
Think I will build an all in one box dual Mono power amp, got most of the bits already :cool:
When do you want the addresses Shaun ?.

Alan

advertisement

Back