advertisement

Naim Nait 50

I take it that you still have a number of those amps that need to sell.o_O
Your usual marketing blabr are all over as it was with a certain Sugden amp that was heavily promoted.
Do this kind of marketing pay off ?

Came from my heart :), it’s not an exclusive and funnily enough we had a couple of NAIT 50’s delivered a few days ago :cool:

Anyway, the Sugden is an excellent amp and if you’re considering a new amp then have a look and listen to the Sugden and the Naim to see which can speak to your heart.

The problem is that just now the only people who have them are people who've bought them and people trying to sell them. Might be a while until we see one in the hands of a people a who don't care.
I can't see anyone complaining about it after lashing out £2700

I can't see anyone complaining about it after lashing out £2700

It is a brand new product, if a punter didn’t like it for whatever reason they’d be able to take it back for a refund. We are still in the ‘home dem’ timescale here.

I take the feedback at face value. It sounds like a great product (aside from the LED colour, which is clearly wrong). It would be interesting to put it up against equivalently priced offerings from Sugden, Rega etc. Just because it looks like a Nait 1 (which is a very cool thing to look like) doesn’t mean it isn’t competitive sonically at the asking price. That’s something only the purchaser can answer.

PS The limitation to my mind is the lack of inputs/flexibility. I just couldn’t use one as a main system amp, but I guess many folk these days only have a couple of sources, don’t need a tape-loop etc.

Should probably be in Trade Sales……

forgive me if I’ve missed it, but does it have a remote (even for volume)?

(asking for a friend)

Last edited:
99.9% of burglars wouldn't know what a bit of Hifi is for. That's not my opinion but that of a few policemen I know socially. They go in and go out as fast as possible and look for small high valuable items such as cash and jewellry. Your Naim and Linn is the last thing they would pinch.

That's the beauty of owning kit no one knows what is. :D I can see burglars taking one look at the kit in my study and wondering what the individual pieces are meant for and in which century they were built. o_O

Why is the led colour clearly wrong ...to me it's clearly right for this product . which is a Nait 50 not a Nait 1 or 2.
I may not share the majority opinion but that's the whole problem with many many posts now ,Opinion seams to become fact .
Can only agree, the led is a nice blink of an eye for their previous Nait 1 and 2 to me.

that's the whole problem with many many posts now ,Opinion seams to become fact .

Exactly!

The Solstice failed because a group of less than knowledgeable posters on pfm says it did - doesn't mean it didn't - the point is no one here actually knows.

The Nait 50 is an overpriced Atom because a group of less than knowledgeable posters on pfm says it is (and then start peddling a different but further conjecture based 'truth' when the evidence against their initial 'fact' becomes overwhelming).

My favourite 'facts' though are about how Linn and Naim are failing as companies due to no longer pandering to a group of less than knowledgeable posters' exact whims (based on their target markets from more than 30 years' ago) - a quick check on Companies House (that anyone could do) instantly shows both companies are a long way from failing and in fact are actually... growing... this is of course ignored by the doom mongers who seem to wish them to fail which in itself is somewhat distasteful.

Last edited:
Red (or orange) should be standby, green should be on, for all equipment. White, blue, just wrong

Could owners explain the standby options.?

As I understand this can be set out of function somehow, as recommended by their chief designer in order to optimise performance.

Are the difference noticeable and what mode do people use ?

I also think that price plays a lot in colouring judgement, but at the same time it does bring about the question of perceived value. With hifi this seems to be worse. Everything is more expensive these days which we have no choice about, whether it’s food, clothing, holidays, so have to budget accordingly. Naim are not immune to this. I don’t need a second amp but am pleased that those that have bought the new Nait think it sounds great, which is the main reason for buying any hifi equipment. Enjoy

QGoZBX0.jpg
First morning of play from standby and I recon the 50 is on song by track 3 of an LP .

advertisement

Back