advertisement

My new bicycle

Ah but nothing like as fearful as the mighty Col de la Boite....

I would agree that 120psi is more than required and probably above optimal efficiency.

I am riding 25mm Schwalbe Duranos at 105 rear and 85 front; I'm slightly over 90kg and ride the terrible London roads, not always with as much due care and attention as required. I've tried a bit less pressure and that works too but does demand vigilance for potholes etc so current set up is a bit of an insurance policy.

I would agree that 120psi is more than required and probably above optimal efficiency.

I am riding 25mm Schwalbe Duranos at 105 rear and 85 front; I'm slightly over 90kg and ride the terrible London roads, not always with as much due care and attention as required. I've tried a bit less pressure and that works too but does demand vigilance for potholes etc so current set up is a bit of an insurance policy.

I've got 25mm Conti's on my Roubaix and run those about 100psi front and back. I'm also over 90kg and ride on a lot of potholed roads and haven't had an issue with punctures so far.

Here's my other road bike - also a plastic one:
original.jpg

It's pretty much standard apart from the addition of an 11:28 cassette. I was quite pleasantly surprised about how comfortable it was, especially considering it's still on 23mm tyres.

Conti 4 seasons for me on my Giant

I have Schwalbe on my Holdsworth and they will be replaced with Conti's

Punctures thankfully very rare on both

Off for a tri-bike fitting next week (2 hrs !?), so maybe I'll have some bike bling to post in the next few weeks / month (and maybe post a slightly less awful bike split in next years' tri's).

Current ride is 531c frame, Campy 8 speed, mavic open 4CD, so getting a bit long in the tooth, though an extended period of mothballing due to injury then travel means it's still pretty fresh and very comfortable for training rides.

Record temperature yesterday (83F) - too nice to be inside, so I went for ride in the local hills on my 'cross bike.

Judging by today's ride, this appears to be the latest fashion afflicting the velo poseur brigade of SE England this season.

USA%2BPro%2BCycling%2BChallenge%2B%257C%2BRapha.jpg

No doubt the aerodynamic drag is what's making them so slow. I best not post my thoughts.

Whilst we are on about fashion can someone please explain why hipsters on single-speeds have such tiny narrow handlebars?

PS Last time I cycled into Manchester I saw two different examples a lone hipster riding a bloody tandem. Two in one day!

It's worrying that someone would go to the trouble of measuring that :)

Saw some more bearded Rapha boys in Windsor this morning. Think I might buy an Amish stick on for next Sunday.

Judging by today's ride, this appears to be the latest fashion afflicting the velo poseur brigade of SE England this season.

USA%2BPro%2BCycling%2BChallenge%2B%257C%2BRapha.jpg

No doubt the aerodynamic drag is what's making them so slow. I best not post my thoughts.

Pink trim , SHOCKING :eek:

Odd that serious cyclists shave their legs and now fashion says put your face under a load of hair

Tiny amount of cushioning apart that would be a horrid mess with a face plant on tarmac

I think we can possibly blame this bloke

mallorca14-Wiggins.jpg

The UK always seems full of people who follow others and like to "belong". It's interesting because having a large beard could be quite individualistic if it weren't for the fact that loads of the fashionista are doing it this season.

I've had full monty polar explorer beards in the past but I look a bit wild and woolly, to the point where tube passengers in London stared at me and eventually one chap spoke to me (on the tube! Can you imagine?) to find out where I'd been with my huge rucksack and for how long. I now sport a very closely trimmed neat affair which has been admired by a few people. Even women, and I thought they hated them. When I'm in a work contract or looking for one I shave because it's a potential deal breaker in food factories.

advertisement

Back