advertisement

Munich show 9th to 12th May 2024

Hi, the thing about this type of show is, not a lot of people can afford to go, how much would it be to do the 3 days, hotel, and beer and flights, nosh, etc, im thinking just under £1000, people on here are playing £500, decks, and amps, surly they would put the cash to buying better gear,
also i don't know anyone who would go with me at that price, they can't even be bothered to go to the Newmarket show, although i would like it,

also some people will want to see all the turn tables, others speakers, and so on, you could get dragged round all day and see nothing you really like,

@graystoke4
That's part of the fun - going without the wife :) We've been doing holidays apart since 1995 - not all holidays, obviously. Doing things we like without inflicting them on the partner...
Costwise, that looks right - for me it's train, hotel, 4 day ticket and food.

I'm exhibiting in two rooms, one with Moonriver and Oephi, the other with Vienna Acoustics and CH Precision. SUPATRAC arms will also be on a Döhmann Helix One in the Cessaro room and on a Techdas III in the Marten room.

Last year I attended Munich High End for the first time as a startup exhibitor. It was electrifying. The show is mind-bogglingly huge and if you're interested in seeing and hearing the ultimate unlimited-budget exotica your eyes and ears will be on stalks. Come and say hello in the SUPATRAC room and if I'm not there, ask the person wearing a SUPATRAC shirt to summon me by walkie-talkie (or at least that's the plan!).

@graystoke4
That's part of the fun - going without the wife :) We've been doing holidays apart since 1995 - not all holidays, obviously. Doing things we like without inflicting them on the partner...
Cost wise, that looks right - for me it's train, hotel, 4 day ticket and food.
and the cost, even if you own a firm,
lets get a few of us that can afford it, and spend the money going to Thailand hifi shops, and stufff, :rolleyes:

I'm exhibiting in two rooms, one with Moonriver and Oephi, the other with Vienna Acoustics and CH Precision. SUPATRAC arms will also be on a Döhmann Helix One in the Cessaro room and on a Techdas III in the Marten room.

Last year I attended Munich High End for the first time as a startup exhibitor. It was electrifying. The show is mind-bogglingly huge and if you're interested in seeing and hearing the ultimate unlimited-budget exotica your eyes and ears will be on stalks. Come and say hello in the SUPATRAC room and if I'm not there, ask the person wearing a SUPATRAC shirt to summon me by walkie-talkie (or at least that's the plan!).
i have seen your arm's and talked to you in the Hi-end show, i wish you the best,

Hi, the thing about this type of show is, not a lot of people can afford to go, how much would it be to do the 3 days, hotel, and beer and flights, nosh, etc, im thinking just under £1000, people on here are playing £500, decks, and amps, surly they would put the cash to buying better gear,
also i don't know anyone who would go with me at that price, they can't even be bothered to go to the Newmarket show, although i would like it,

also some people will want to see all the turn tables, others speakers, and so on, you could get dragged round all day and see nothing you really like,
I’m about £450 in (airport parking, flights, hotel, show tickets) and I’ve not even got there yet. Spending money wise, anyone can decide how extravagant you want to be really.

I’m getting into Munich Friday morning as I’ve never visited the city before so will be nice to have a look around and enjoy a few beers along the way. Me and my dad have always wanted to go but as we did the same job for the same company, we could never get he same time off together. He’s retired now so we took the opportunity.

I wouldn’t go back for a few years after this though, it would end up a bit like going to Bristol every year which, I almost have done for the past 20 years. It’s just become the same old this and that to me now hence why I didn’t go Bristol this year.

Looking forward to it though.

Flying out on Wednesday, back Sunday morning so will get some of Weds, plus Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the show. Went last year on the Thursday and didn’t cover everything by the time we came home on Sunday. It’s a BIG show!

Flying out on Wednesday, back Sunday morning so will get some of Weds, plus Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the show. Went last year on the Thursday and didn’t cover everything by the time we came home on Sunday. It’s a BIG show!
I thought Thursday and Friday was trade days.

I understand Thu and Fri are trade-focused but that might not mean they're trade-exclusive. Others will advise. [EDIT: no, it does look like you can't buy tickets for the Thu and Fri unless you're trade and register in advance].

I arrive late Wed so will be there for all of Thu-Fri-Sat; I fly home Sunday morning. I expect to be in the same room as the venerable @sonddek for a good chunk of the time; obviously fisticuffs will ensue as we vie over digital vs analogue source!

As it's my first visit ever, I'm hoping to break out and see a decent chunk of the massive show but it will be what it will be. I'm also taking the opportunity to meet existing and potential dealers from various countries so am expecting an exhausting visit as a well as a sonically rewarding one.

I understand Thu and Fri are trade-focused but that might not mean they're trade-exclusive. Others will advise. [EDIT: no, it does look like you can't buy tickets for the Thu and Fri unless you're trade and register in advance].

I arrive late Wed so will be there for all of Thu-Fri-Sat; I fly home Sunday morning. I expect to be in the same room as the venerable @sonddek for a good chunk of the time; obviously fisticuffs will ensue as we vie over digital vs analogue source!

As it's my first visit ever, I'm hoping to break out and see a decent chunk of the massive show but it will be what it will be. I'm also taking the opportunity to meet existing and potential dealers from various countries so am expecting an exhausting visit as a well as a sonically rewarding one.
The website definitely says trade days for Thursday and Friday. I had to provide business details to get a ticket for Thursday and Friday.

Well this is interesting. I’ve never been to the Hi-Fi Deluxe Show before but I feel I have no excuse not to give it a go this year.

On account of the fact that I’m staying in the Marriott!

I'd be interested in any feedback for Thomas Mayer, Magico and the other high end exhibitors........

Some detailed accounts of favourite rooms and gear would be great.

I see that many exhibitors have invested in dedicated doormen/women to avoid the constant clanging sound of the opening/closing of doors - progress.

Edit: But most don't.

advertisement

Back