advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear...

Strange line up today, but with some great play from Norwich, I think you won't see a certain centre half play a game for quite a while........

I'm not sure it will be so easy for Liverpool, they lost a 10 point lead last season...... But unless Pep sorts out the centre back pairing, we are going to have go into the old Newcastle style, ship a few and try and score more goals than we let in.

Aye, that’ll be the answer, spend a lot more of those petro dollars
That's there only answer.How Foden must be regretting signing a long term contract when he sees what Frank is trying to do at Chelsea - I think he's had 11minutes of PL football this season.

Seven points off the pace after 5 matches suggests that you should probably worry about your own team.

I dont know where you get the impression i am worried about anything. But i am most certainly not worried about THFC, or any other team for that matter.

Strange comment from Klopp after the match, where he mentioned City, I've probably not got the context of the remark right, but it seemed a bit childish to me.......

Chelsea should have at least drawn. They were all over Valencia during the first half. But no ...

The Spaniards went ahead with a bouncing shot in the penalty area, from a cleverly taken free kick. It looked like Chelsea were going to lose, but they got a VAR penalty from a handball.

As soon as the ref made his decision, Ross Barkley grabbed hold of the ball, ran to the spot and braced himself to take the penalty.

Jorginho and Willian appeared to say "Are you sure?" to Barkley. They are regular penalty takers. He insisted he was, clipped the ball over the bar, and looked like a dickhead.

Barkley hasn't scored in the last 14 games for Chelsea. No wonder.

Frank Lampard and captain Dave insisted Barkley takes penalties and it was a perfectly normal situation. It's good they defended Barkley, but what a waste. To make matters worse Mason Mount went off with an ankle injury. Pedro came on as a sub, but we're definitely missing Hazard.

I like Lampard as manager. He said mistakes like Barkley's sometimes happen and Chelsea have to keep their heads up. They are playing Liverpool at the weekend. It is good to know the minging northerners lost 2 - 0 against Napoli. :)

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back