advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Bury are going to be kicked out of the league after the potential buyers pull out saying due diligence has revealed too many problems.

Bury have gone and now of the 50 businesses Dale has been involved with 43 have gone bust.

I’m not a great football fan, but what’s happened with Bury is tragic, and I fear they won’t be the last club to disappear from the football league. Apparently a £4m loan was taken out by the club under the previous owner with 40% of that going to an unnamed 3rd party as an ‘introduction fee’.

Things also look bleak for the nearest club to where I live Bolton. I can’t help wondering if this is just the beginning for expulsions from the FL.

The EFL needs to take a lot of blame, they’ve allowed inappropriate people to run the clubs. I read Dale hadn’t even had the ‘fit and proper’ test. There are some incredibly well managed clubs in the lower leagues, but some chairmen have allowed aspiration to exceed their means.

From the BBC website https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49493929
While neither Campbell nor Newman would go into specifics about the finances of the club, Bury had complicated leasing arrangements for their Gigg Lane ground, car parks and had a number of outstanding loans.

"The financial structures that were put in place were something that I'd never seen before and certainly were unsustainable," Newman added.

"My sympathy really does go out to the community as a whole at Bury because ultimately they're the ones that have suffered as a result of this.

"It was financially unsustainable and it's absolutely imperative that structures are put in place to ensure that something like this can't happen again."

Football economics don't make sense. All the cash goes to players, they are also first in line when it all goes pop. Nothing wrong with that in itself but player salaries have spiraled to make it unsustainable.

Fair does to Ole he’s clearing out the dross.

Sanchez to Inter and Smalling off to Roma.

He is off to Inter on loan with United paying him just short of £300,000 a week to go with inter making up the rest of his wages.

Tough call against AVL’s Grealish. MC looks to be in mid-season form. Chelsea once again a tale of two halves. Man U...meh.

Another trap match coming up for LFC. Given their starting lineup, I think Klopp agrees.

Disappointed that Watford couldn't get more than a point at St. James'.
Encouraging attendance of 44,157, the lowest since 2012.

Last edited:
Tough call against AVL’s Grealish. MC looks to be in mid-season form. Chelsea once again a tale of two halves. Man U...meh.

Another trap match coming up for LFC. Given their starting lineup, I think Klopp agrees.
My heart bleeds;)

It is now 54 matches since we have won a game on a Saturday. I have never felt such despair about my team (Huddersfield Town). It is so bad that if they suddenly went bust & were ejected from the league I am not sure I would give a stuff. We have enough money to drag this shitty descent to its logical conclusion. I do think we have the players but they just don't seem arsed, dread to think who would be fool enough to join us as a manager.

Two great goals from Tammy Abraham put Chelsea ahead of Sheffield Utd. Unfortunately the game finished in a draw.

Sheffield played well, but Chelsea were all over them in the first half.

The northerners ratcheted up the momentum, as the clock ticked down. Chelsea's Zouma buckled and deflected an own goal from a cross.

Zouma is 6ft 4in and can defend in the air, but being a big lad he's a bit slow and therefore somewhat of liability.

If Chelsea had won, we could have gone above the Arses or Spurs tomorrow. Oh well ...

Jack

Last edited:
This is a serious re-construction process for Chelsea - this season will be about getting a new team functioning as FL wants, after which we'll know what's what. I do hope that the fans who expect much from this season (in terms of table position) will have patience <insert lol here>

It is now 54 matches since we have won a game on a Saturday. I have never felt such despair about my team (Huddersfield Town). It is so bad that if they suddenly went bust & were ejected from the league I am not sure I would give a stuff. We have enough money to drag this shitty descent to its logical conclusion. I do think we have the players but they just don't seem arsed, dread to think who would be fool enough to join us as a manager.

Chin up! You don't know why you've got' til it's gone."
Support of a football team perhaps isn't akin to the unconditional love between a parent child but it comes close.
Liverpool have had their moments. Citeh were laughingstock so long ago.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s-gillett-living-nightmare-liverpool-10269266

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back