advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a jinx. What else can explain how Sterling missed that cross? Lyon 3, City 1!

Just didn't understand City's game plan, surely the Silva's should have started... what about Foden fcs?
The Sterling miss and Ederson mess up just added to it.... they do seem jinxed in this competition, I'm genuinely disappointed.

Maybe Pep's judgement was clouded by the Barca result - wrong team selection.

Liverpool favourites to retain the Premiership.

Bayern vs a full strength PSG would make for an interesting final.

The right phrase for City was mentioned earlier - Gobshites !

I'd just like to pass on Nat King Cole's advice to the tubby old City supporters on pfm:

Smile what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worth while
If you just smile

:D

Jack

Convinced that Pep should have started with the Silva's..... so frustrating and VAR is against them in this competition it seems?

true but they've played them 3x this competition in the last 2 seasons so far without a win so Lyon might have got a game plan?

Another game where a win has been thrown away. The stats show that our conversation rates are poor. We need someone who get the end of a cross and bury it when our best foward is injured, which is to often these days.

The old questions about Sterling's technique resurface.
As mentioned difficult to understand why the Silvas and Foden didn't start.

Still trying understand how Sterling missed that chance to make 2-2. He’d had a good game too - until that game changing moment. Pep was just too defensive and I don’t know why, Lyon are no great shakes.

I don’t like to knock managers but he fooked up tonight.

just watching the replay, clear foul on Laporte
Perhaps they'll take it to the CAS.

Given that they were well beaten by Arsenal in the cup final a few weeks back this result was no great surprise. They'd have been humiliated by Bayern had they got that far and should count themselves as lucky to have avoided it. Pep's record in the CL without Messi to call on has been woeful. Like Mourinho, he's yesterday's man.

Webster old chap, no-one likes being beaten by a team that you know could of being beaten easily, which is a lot different to being thrashed which happened to your lot.

The difference between the 2 matches is the you were totally outplayed in both matches. My point is while Lyon played very well against our line up that seemed to play in their hands, We have numerous chances to win the match and failed to take at least 2 that a good finisher would of buried.

While the chances we wouldn't have got through against Bayern as our defence isn't good enough, it would of being a much more open match. Humiliation is Chelsea getting beaten by the score they did during the week....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back