advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a ball boy at Ayesome Park in 1979 when we beat Chelsea 7-2 with Mickey Burns scoring 5. It was on Match of the Day too and was sweet revenge because on the way to the ground I had to run for my life as I was chased by their thugs.

That’s the most likes I have received for a while.

I will follow it up with a 6-1 win over Norwich around the same time and again on MOTD.

My spot was behind the goal and my favourite trick was to wait for the opposing goalie to bend down to pick the ball out of the back of the net after we had scored and I would toe poke it past him towards the Centre circle.

Because they've already qualified for the Champions League, it would be good to see Utd get kneed in the crotch by Sevilla. No doubt Foulmouth Martial will use it as an excuse to fall over in the penalty area.

Jack
But on the flip side I would have thought it would do the Premier League’s co-efficient good if they go as far as possible. As much as I’ve enjoyed going to the back end of beyond with Everton in the past, it would be nice to avoid any potential banana skins ( if we qualify again in my lifetime :().

I had to run for my life as I was chased by their thugs.
Shame they didn't catch you.;)
I was at Wembley in '97 for the FA Cup Final when Di Matteo scored against you after 42 seconds - barely got my arse on the seat.:) - and then again in '98 when we beat you in the League Cup Final - happy days.:)

Touché. We’d waited 120 years to play in the FA Cup final and conceded within a minute.

Tbh Boros record at Chelsea is shocking too. I can’t remember us even scoring at Stamford Bridge or even getting a point there and that’s since 1974.

We did relegate you in the 86 play offs though which Was most gratifying.

Touché. We’d waited 120 years to play in the FA Cup final and conceded within a minute.

Tbh Boros record at Chelsea is shocking too. I can’t remember us even scoring at Stamford Bridge or even getting a point there and that’s since 1974.

We did relegate you in the 86 play offs though which Was most gratifying.
Wasn’t that the game that caused Ken Bates to moot putting electrified fences up ?.

I was a ball boy at Ayesome Park in 1979 when we beat Chelsea 7-2 with Mickey Burns scoring 5. It was on Match of the Day too and was sweet revenge because on the way to the ground I had to run for my life as I was chased by their thugs.
In Feb 75 I had a problem with Chelsea thugs at Stamford Bridge after we lost a match to them 3-2 that we should have won. A few days later I was at Upton Park, where we won a match 1-0 with a goal on the break after being outplayed. I was chatting with West Ham fans after the match without any trouble at all.

All clubs have them but there has always been something horrible about Chelsea fans and they seem to have more than their fair share. I have a fantastic cousin who is a lifelong supporter though, so they’re not all bad. ;)

Other troublesome supporters over the years have been from Charlton, Man City and, believe it or not, Airdrie. I was at a 5-5 draw away to QPR in 1984 and they were a bit nasty, but I think that was down to the piss taking when we 4-0 up at half time. :D

That’s the most likes I have received for a while.

I will follow it up with a 6-1 win over Norwich around the same time and again on MOTD.

My spot was behind the goal and my favourite trick was to wait for the opposing goalie to bend down to pick the ball out of the back of the net after we had scored and I would toe poke it past him towards the Centre circle.
:D:D

I tend to be frugal hitting the ‘like’ button as I think it could reflect badly on the poster to have a ‘like’ from me. o_O

Incredible finish in Lisbon!

It wasn't bad. The two very late goals were laid on by Neymar and Mbappe. The second was a cracker. Must admit I get really frustrated watching some Champions League games. It seems like each team had far more than five substitutes.

I'm glad PSG went through. Hopefully Neymar and Mbappe's shots will be more accurate in future. Atalanta weren't bad and scored first. The downside is the number of fouls they commit. They're nearly as bad a Wolves and Shitty.

Jack

Unimpressed by PSG last night - as a side they look to have gone backwards from a couple of years ago and had they been playing one of the big names for sure they'd have been on their way home this morning.
They badly need Verratti back to keep possession and dictate the play as well as a fully fit Mbappé.
If Atletico make it through tonight I'd not be surprised to see them do a number on PSG in the semis.

Neymar is so frustrating to watch, what a tart he is at times too

I'm not a big fan of his antics either but to be fair, I thought he really drove the team on considering his 2 partners up front were nowhere to be seen all night. He should've put that 1st chance away though. Great that an ex Stoke City player set up one and then scored the winner though. :cool:;)

Unimpressed by PSG last night - as a side they look to have gone backwards from a couple of years ago and had they been playing one of the big names for sure they'd have been on their way home this morning.
They badly need Verratti back to keep possession and dictate the play as well as a fully fit Mbappé.
If Atletico make it through tonight I'd not be surprised to see them do a number on PSG in the semis.

PSG looked a long way behind Bayern from what I could see but with Neymar and Mbappe, they have a punchers chance. Rarely get chance to see Mbappe but even at less than full fitness the guy is good. Can't see PSG getting any further in the competition.

I'm not a big fan of his antics either but to be fair, I thought he really drove the team on considering his 2 partners up front were nowhere to be seen all night. He should've put that 1st chance away though. Great that an ex Stoke City player set up one and then scored the winner though. :cool:;)
Have you seen this Stoke stat. ?
If Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting plays in the next round, it will mean the relegated Stoke squad of 2017-18 had players who played in the 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019 & 2020 Champions League semi-finals.

Have you seen this Stoke stat. ?
If Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting plays in the next round, it will mean the relegated Stoke squad of 2017-18 had players who played in the 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019 & 2020 Champions League semi-finals.

Yeah, seen that. C'mon Stoke! :D

Leipzig convincingly beat Atletico 2 - 1. From the beginning they played like they wanted to win. Madrid followed Simeone's bide your time attitude and hung back for far too long. They only went on the attack after RB L scored, but didn't have the necessary fight in the end.

The exception to this was Joao Felix, who was a sub. Atletico bought the 20-year-old from Benfica for £113 million. This makes him the fourth most expensive player in the world. He catalyzed the lagging Madrid team.

In a darting run forward he was brought down in the area and got a penalty, which he took. Felix powered the ball into the left hand side of the goal. Gulacsi guessed which way to dive, but no keeper could have saved it.

Felix wasn't enough to completely reanimate Atletico and they paid the price.

It was great to watch Leipzig. They had a fiery attitude when Atletico drew level. It's cool that Chelsea have bought Timo Werner, RB L's best player. It will be interesting to see how the Londoners fare in The Champions League next year.

In the dirty football f^^^wits competition, Atletico are worse than Wolves and not quite as bad as Shitty.

Jack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back