advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a world filled with managerial soundbites, take yourself back to 1974 for a debate between Brian Clough and Don Revie after Cloughie was sacked from the Leeds job. ;)

AC Milan have stuck a spanner in the Chelsea works. Higuain won't play for us in the Arses game today, or even perhaps in the League Cup semi final against Spurs on Thursday.

Milan are holding onto him until they get a replacement. Fottuti italiani !

We should still beat the Arses and Spurs though.

Jack

I imagine manicure appointments in and around Liverpool may be hard to come by this weekend!

Not unexpected to see CP play well on the road, and counterattack effectively. Saha absolutely owned Milner, and even VVD often looked flat footed. Credit to CP for their effort, but that was the worst defensive performance I’ve seen this year from LFC. Good thing they were able to manufacture four second half goals, as they needed them all to just scrape by.

Not unexpected to see CP play well on the road, and counterattack effectively. Saha absolutely owned Milner, and even VVD often looked flat footed. Credit to CP for their effort, but that was the worst defensive performance I’ve seen this year from LFC. Good thing they were able to manufacture four second half goals, as they needed them all to just scrape by.

It wasn't a bad game. It's just a shame the scheming northerners won. Chelsea obviously made a massive mistake selling Salah a few years ago. Hope they don't do the same thing with Callum Hudson-Odoi, although in his case Bayern want to buy the teenager for a lot of money.

Jack

It wasn't a bad game. It's just a shame the scheming northerners won. Chelsea obviously made a massive mistake selling Salah a few years ago. Hope they don't do the same thing with Callum Hudson-Odoi, although in his case Bayern want to buy the teenager for a lot of money.

Jack

Jack, I do enjoy your football posts! You have a way of referring to teams other than Chelsea that is, dare I say, Trump-esque. Would love to see the entire table layed out, with your nicknames instead of the official ones! :D

I imagine manicure appointments in and around Liverpool may be hard to come by this weekend!
You seem to be suggesting that Liverpool should be called the (nail) biters. Has a certain resonance given that Everton are referred to as the Bitters.
Happy to be a biter not a bitter! ; )
Palace deserve credit for their dogged determination which was only bettered by the resolve of Liverpool. LFC would have capitulated in times gone by.

Chelsea seem to be set up to play the ball to a Centre Forward who isn't there...

Precisely. No wonder Chelsea are starting to look a bit dejected. Sarri was on the sidelines, jumping up and down, and screaming they should get up field. Yet their passes and crosses would be intercepted most of the time by players much taller than Hazard, Kante and Pedro.

Giroud and Hudson-Odoi came on for the last 10 minutes or so, when it was far too late. Sometimes Sarri-balling and using Hazard as a false Number 9 works really well. If it doesn't, Sarri should reconfigure the side much more quickly.

How much difference Higuain will make remains to be seen. Just hope he starts in the League Cup match against Spurs on Thursday.

The Arses weren't bad. The first goal by Lacazette was a corker. The second was lucky and the product of bad defending by Chelsea. Oh well.

Jack

Jack, I do enjoy your football posts! You have a way of referring to teams other than Chelsea that is, dare I say, Trump-esque. Would love to see the entire table layed out, with your nicknames instead of the official ones! :D

The problem is Liverpool, City and Utd, all fall under the category of scheming northerners, because they're all as bad as each other.

Jack

Sarri on MOTD said that Chelsea struggled to motivate themselves against the Arses. This might be true, but publicly announcing it is not going to go down well with the team.

This is probably why the BBC translated what he said, although he was probably speaking English.

Alan Shearer pointed out: (1) Hazard and Kante are being played in the wrong position. (2) There was nobody in the box when balls were crossed.

Someone else said the substitutes came on too late.

Chelsea can be absolutely fantastic one game and appalling the next.

Sarri won't last if Higuain doesn't score, when he turns up, and we finish outside the top four.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back