advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like "the chosen one" may be on his way back to Goodison.

I am not so sure that is a good move for Everton or Moyes, I always say don't look back as you leave somewhere for a reason onwards and upwards on to a new challenge etc.

Has to be a great move for Moyes - who else would have him in the Premiership?

Looks like "the chosen one" may be on his way back to Goodison.

I am not so sure that is a good move for Everton or Moyes, I always say don't look back as you leave somewhere for a reason onwards and upwards on to a new challenge etc.

Not a cat in hells chance of that happening, there would be riots.

As some have previously said, rather have Koeman.

No one but he has already said he is interested in the Scotland job. But money talks.

The Scotland job is a thankless task and as for England Southgate, McClaren, Hodgeson etc(wtf) managing England is not much better either.

I would bring back the Home Internationals, but include the ROI as there is a bit of pride in all of the teams performances due to national allegiances this may give the home teams a bit more of a competitive edge instead of internationals against ex-minor eastern bloc countries etc which do nobody any good at all.

The Scotland job is a thankless task and as for England Southgate, McClaren, Hodgeson etc(wtf) managing England is not much better either.

I would bring back the Home Internationals, but include the ROI as there is a bit of pride in all of the teams performances due to national allegiances this may give the home teams a bit more of a competitive edge instead of internationals against ex-minor eastern bloc countries etc which do nobody any good at all.

Might be time to give them a go again. I think the problems were falling attendances and fixture congestion. The Tartan Army would still be an embarrassment though going to Wembley.

Might be time to give them a go again. I think the problems were falling attendances and fixture congestion. The Tartan Army would still be an embarrassment though going to Wembley.

Fixture congestion is caused by playing meaningless friendlies or competitive matches against splintered countries just so that UEFA/FIFA etc can include everybody and rip off the paying public by diluting competitions that is why I rarely watch England play (I get bored s******s).

I’m surprised The authorities don’t just make them a permanent qualifying group for the Euros.

I thought violence was the main reason for the Home Nation matches being scrapped. I personally think that less International football would be a good thing, With the world getting smaller and the best players on the whole playing in the Champions League, International football doesn't have the same interest or excitement these days, big tournaments aside.

Fixture congestion is caused by playing meaningless friendlies or competitive matches against splintered countries just so that UEFA/FIFA etc can include everybody and rip off the paying public by diluting competitions that is why I rarely watch England play (I get bored s******s).
1999 Club World Championship, whatever that is (or maybe was). There certainly isn't much kudos attached to it. Manchester United withdraw from the FA Cup to play in it and whether you like them or not that dilutes the competition.
You really don't get irony do you?

1999 Club World Championship, whatever that is (or maybe was). There certainly isn't much kudos attached to it. Manchester United withdraw from the FA Cup to play in it and whether you like them or not that dilutes the competition.

Didn't the FA put pressure on United to appear because of the impending World Cup bid?, which was never going to succeed after the run-ins between the leading associations.
I still don't understand why Fergie didn't play the kids at the time in the FA cup in the early rounds, rather than withdrawing.

A disgraceful decision by UTD to pull out of the FA Cup for that 2 bit competition in South America, I get more than you think and with a handle like that, say no more!

Talking of third rate competitions UTD are playing in the Carabao Cup tonight I had to look that one up too:

The carabao is a swamp-type domestic water buffalo, FFS.

Talking of third rate competitions UTD are playing in the Carabao Cup tonight I had to look that one up too:

The carabao is a swamp-type domestic water buffalo, FFS.

It should suit you lot, wallowing in the s...

Bloss

Wot's a hat got to do with it, must admit I had to look that up I originally thought that me old chum was on about a Columbian drug dealer or something.

It is the verbal equivalent of a chap on a cricket pitch doffing his cap to a colleague or opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back