advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the verbal equivalent of a chap on a cricket pitch doffing his cap to a colleague or opponent.

As a mark of respect indicating 'well played'. So not really associated with the footballing fraternity. :D

What a refreshing change Lingard coming up with the goods last night he doesn't normally provide an end product.

The Arses and City might be thrown out of the Carabao Cup or forced to play their games again. This is because they broke the subbing rule, according to the Daily Star

This doesn't surprise me. They are bent to the core and won their games by cheating in extra time.

Jack

I thought you were allowed a fourth sub in extra time from the quarter final stage this season?

Jack’s utter ignorance of the basic rules of football is staggering!

Perhaps he ought to consider why no other media outlet has reported this.

As 90 minutes explains

“Section 10.2 of the official competition rulebook clearly states: "Where any match goes to extra time (in accordance with the provisions of Rules 14.4, 14.5 and/or 14.6), then subject to the League having obtained the prior approval of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) to the application of this Rule, each Club participating in that match will be permitted to use an additional substitute (in extra time only)."

Rules 14.4, 14.5 and 14.6 relate to the need for extra-time, and both Arsenal and City took full advantage of their right to use a fourth substitute during the additional half hour.

Perhaps where confusion initially emerged was that the Premier League pair made two substitutions each during extra-time, with City also making one at the end of the original 90 minutes. However, making multiple substitutions each during extra-time was not in contravention of the rules because each still hadn't used up their initially allotted three, before making a fourth.”

Excellent performances from the players as well who put their seniors to shame in technique and vision.

Jack’s utter ignorance of the basic rules of football is staggering!

Perhaps he ought to consider why no other media outlet has reported this.

I suggest you look a bit further before sounding off in your usual oafish manner.

The Sun says:

"Arsenal and City will be hoping their names are in the hat for Thursday's quarter-final draw, but may be sweating on official word they are in the clear.

"Both sides were permitted to make four substitutions, as rule 10.2 of the cup's rules state that if the match goes to extra time, teams can make ONE additional change.

"The issue arises of the timing of them substitutions, as both teams made TWO subs in extra time, rather than the typical one extra."

Both teams should be kicked out of the competition. They are obviously managed by slime balls.

Jack

You really are a fool Jack.

The cup organisers them selves have said that City and Arsenal were within the rules.

The reporter who “ broke” the news was a disgruntled Norwich supporter, as ignorant of the rules as you are.

As 365Football write in clarifying this farcical accusation;

Were Bristol Rovers disqualified or punished after they made two changes in extra-time in round two? No.
Were Bournemouth disqualified or punished after they made two changes in extra-time in round two? No.
Were Brighton disqualified or punished after they made four changes in extra-time in round two? No.
Were Burnley disqualified or punished after they made two changes in extra-time in round two? No.
Were Brentford disqualified or punished after they made two changes in extra-time in round one? No.
Were Portsmouth disqualified or punished after they made two changes in extra-time in round one? No.
Were Cardiff City disqualified or punished after they made two changes in extra-time in round two? No.

So back in your box Jack.

Me sides have just split:

Guardiola says the Mitre Delta ball made it "almost impossible" for Sergio Aguero to break City's long-standing scoring record on Tuesday, with Guardiola saying it would have been a "miracle" for him to score with it.

Me sides have just split:

Guardiola says the Mitre Delta ball made it "almost impossible" for Sergio Aguero to break City's long-standing scoring record on Tuesday, with Guardiola saying it would have been a "miracle" for him to score with it.

I don’t know what your experience of the football used in the EFL league is, or if you’ve ever even kicked a football, but Yaya Toure, that much honoured, travelled and experienced footballer, considered it to be the worst he ever played with, even worse than the notorious World Cup ball of a few years ago.

But hey ho

Jimi knows best.

Of course the dynamics of footballs change. Any manager worth his salt will get his team to use the tournament match ball before a game.
When I used to play you had to adapt to the ball provided game by game. If a professional player is unable to do that well, I feel for them.

We mullered Everton 2-1, but they had us pinned down for a lot of the second half. Many of our players were youngsters, as opposed to regular first-teamers.

Thank god Willian came on and scored an absolute cracker after taking a short corner. Up until then Chelsea had reverted to the Mourinho style of getting a goal up and then hanging on grimly.

Well done Spurs, you lost against West Ham in style, by being truly bloody pathetic. It was good to see East London giving North London a kicking at Wembley.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back