advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racist, if you ask me.

I like gassor, he understands integrity, Bob McC is a bit more difficult.

Fair point about Trump though.

Bloss

I don't mind Gassor too, it isn't racist I wouldn't want to know about say The Hyde Sunday League every five minutes either even though that is nearly on a par with the best that Scottish football can provide (oops).

To be fair, I'd expect Celtic to survive in the Premiership, I don't think they'd win many, but they'd cope. They have a great loanee in Patrick Roberts. There isn't much competition for them in Scotland though

To be fair, I'd expect Celtic to survive in the Premiership, I don't think they'd win many, but they'd cope. They have a great loanee in Patrick Roberts. There isn't much competition for them in Scotland though

I reckon that Celtic would regularly finish top third every season in the premiership they do need a strong Rangers and other clubs in Scotland to have any chance of upping their game.

Going out on the terrace (raised decking) now with the dogs to sip a cold bottle of Budvar and peruse a Lambretta Mechanics Manual for the evening, bye for now.

lord s.

again, you are basing your opinions on conjectures about the perceptions of others -- teams who may or not have wanted to acquire giovinco and what his personal choices are based on. i am basing mine on having seen him play many times.

i suspect you are also failing to factor in the quality of the MLS, which is rapidly rising. also consider that the USA is now a much better national team (and has been so for a few years) than your squad rooted in the EPL. (i shall brace myself for the excuses and rationalizations ;-)

vuk.

A few points here, you fail to understand. The MLS may be getting better, but it's on the back of some excellent old players enjoying the twilight of their career. David Villa went there when his legs couldn't keep up in Spain.

The FIFA rankings suggest differently, The USA are in 26th, behind Wales, Northern Ireland, and England. Not a rationalisation, but a fact based on coefficients of teams played and results. Canada are in 95th, below the Faroe Islands. As I said, your calibration on the definition of world class may be in need of realignment.

You still fail to explain why a player allegedly 'world class' has chosen to hide his lights under a bushel and play in such a backwater as Toronto FC.

I suggest that you as any good Mancunian would say 'Give yer head a wobble'.

The FIFA rankings suggest differently, The USA are in 26th, behind Wales, Northern Ireland, and England. Not a rationalisation, but a fact based on coefficients of teams played and results.

that is simply political BS. did you not watch the last world cup ? the USA has a stringer team right now. next time they play, i will gladly take a bet using odds reflecting FIFA rankings.

You still fail to explain why a player allegedly 'world class' has chosen to hide his lights under a bushel and play in such a backwater as Toronto FC.

now you just just being small-minded and offensive.

vuk.

I reckon that Celtic would regularly finish top third every season in the premiership they do need a strong Rangers and other clubs in Scotland to have any chance of upping their game.

Going out on the terrace (raised decking) now with the dogs to sip a cold bottle of Budvar and peruse a Lambretta Mechanics Manual for the evening, bye for now.

Celtic would be mid table at the very best. Given a few years in the Prem they would get more money in and build a better side but never get into the top four.

Personally I'd love to see a couple of Scottish sides in the Prem, the banter would be great and the atmosphere electric. Unfortunately "Gonna nae dae that".

that is simply political BS. did you not watch the last world cup ? the USA has a stringer team right now. next time they play, i will gladly take a bet using odds reflecting FIFA rankings.

now you just just being small-minded and offensive.

vuk.

You went one game further, and we had to coin a phrase a 'mare'. Hodgson isn't the answer to any question.

Not offensive, but compared to Juventus, isn't Toronto FC a footballing 'backwater'?

You went one game further, and we had to coin a phrase a 'mare'. Hodgson isn't the answer to any question.

i am not american and it's not just about how far along one got, but how the team played. do you actually watch football, or just form opinions based on salaries and statistics? in any case, the gap is just going to widen -- the sport has finally gained proper professional traction and the USA has a far bigger pool of players. it's been the most popular sport in terms of participation for a while now, and it's translating into success at higher levels -- that was inevitable.

Not offensive, but compared to Juventus, isn't Toronto FC a footballing 'backwater'?

italy is a superior place to canada in many ways, but their top striker has chosen to play here in toronto and we love him.

vuk.

i am not american and it's not just about how far along one got, but how the team played. do you actually watch football, or just form opinions based on salaries and statistics? in any case, the gap is just going to widen -- the sport has finally gained proper professional traction and the USA has a far bigger pool of players. it's been the most popular sport in terms of participation for a while now, and it's translating into success at higher levels -- that was inevitable.

italy is a superior place to canada in many ways, but their top striker has chosen to play here in toronto and we love him.

vuk.

Hmmm, I played to a very decent level, two steps down from what was then the Conference. Admittedly my flexibility and being able to fulfil quite a few roles helped. Was a very useful Saturday morning footballer until my ankle gave out at the age of thirty. Had season tickets for most of my life at City, and in recent years at Rochdale in the hope of avoiding a life of premiership expensiveness for my son, but it wasn't to be. Oh I also have an FA coaching badge, which I use. Yourself?

PS, Giovinco hasn't played for Italy since 2015, has made 23 appearances, and scored only 1 goal. Most people consider Belotti Italy's main man.

Good day to ya ;)

Most people consider Belotti Italy's main man.

Chelsea are trying to buy Belotti. Conte and Stamford Bridge will give him a leg up. We'll make him famous in Russia, China and all good communist states, because we play football for the proletariat.

Jack

The prole with £80 in his pocket to buy a ticket. The comrade would be better off coming to Manchester, the tickets are cheaper and the football's better

Chelsea are trying to buy Belotti. Conte and Stamford Bridge will give him a leg up. We'll make him famous in Russia, China and all good communist states, because we play football for the proletariat.

Jack

How do you see him fitting into our formation, playing just behind Sayle?

35991750943_59b094ea4b.jpg

How do you see him fitting into our formation, playing just behind Sayle?

35991750943_59b094ea4b.jpg

Well Marx and Lenin are already taken, so he could perhaps act as Engels in defence. Belotti should be familiar with the condition of the working class in Italy and how this could apply to Fulham Broadway, Kings Road and Kensington.

Jack

Celtic raise their game when they play the English clubs as they do play in an inferior league and imo its just like a lower league club playing a premier league club in the FA Cup , they cannot sustain that level of football for long as they are generally motivated by the occasion.

Yer arse.

Two European cup finals in three years winning one, four yes four European cup semifinals in eight years.

One cup winner's cup semifinal Versus Liverpool (1966) an we was robbed on that occasion and one eufa cup final and lost to Porto who were the following years' European cup winner.

First European club to play an extra time final.

First winner's of the current EC and the first British club to win the EC with eleven players born within 30 miles of Celtic park.

Last European club to win a European cup tie on the toss of a coin and were instrumental in having that 'anomaly' replaced.

Leeds 1970 home and away.

Beat Barcelona at CP recently at the height of thier fame.

Incidentally Dundee united are still the only team to beat Barca home and away in a European cup tie.

Who do you support ya clown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back