advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the worst shout. City, Chelsea and United look set fair. Spuds will struggle, Liverpool don't look all that, Arsenal seem to be on the decline, their squad is no better than last year, if not worse. So there's room for someone else. It'll be hotly contended though.

Why do you persist with this anti-Scottish sh*te when you have found it necessary to apologise for it in the recent past?

I'm not interested in Scottish football I'm only really interested in the Premier League and a few local teams.

The football thread gets clogged up with lower league stuff this imo includes the poor Scottish leagues.

You are extremely prejudiced against Rangers, I have no time for either of the Glasgow Giants ime I think the fan's of both clubs need to grow up and lift themselves out of the dark ages with regards to the sectarian rubbish they both have allegiance's to.

Supporting football is very partisan, I won't tell you what I think of City, Leeds and Liverpool fans as I may get into trouble.

I think you're making the same mistake that Americans make when they call their national league a World Series. Most of those players would be second division in Europe or South America.

that is hardly what i said, we have a world-class player and the only reason he isn't on the italian national team is because the manager has the same prejudice as you. i didn't say he was in the top 4 by the way, though i would probably pick him over the current ronaldo.

vuk.

If he was world class he wouldn't be playing in Toronto. One of the major leagues would have taken him. I saw Joe Cole playing for Coventry a few years ago against Rochdale. Surprisingly enough he looked like he was from a different planet. I'm sue if said player was pressing for a place in the Italian team he would take himself somewhere he had a chance of attaining that goal.

It's not prejudice, it's fact.

I'm not interested in Scottish football I'm only really interested in the Premier League and a few local teams.

The football thread gets clogged up with lower league stuff this imo includes the poor Scottish leagues.

You might not be interested in Scottish football, but I am and am as entitled as you to post my views. I also enjoy English football and am happy to read what people on here say about it. In addition the football thread does not get 'clogged up with lower league stuff', it is dominated by the EPL.

Finally there is very little equivalence between Celtic and Rangers fans, two of my closest friends support Rangers, and say the same thing.

Have a look at these two forums to see the difference.

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/forum/15914/

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/1-the-bears-den/

I've not seen him play meaningfully no. That is against quality defenders. I refer you to Hoe Cole in my previous post.

I'm sure most players know their limits. I'd suggest Beckham went to LA for 'personal reasons' aka the wonga.

I'd question whether you have seen enough world class players to calibrate your assertion of world class.

i guess that settles it then.

vuk.

Not really Vuk, I've seen the clips on YouTube, but not seen him play against a quality defence, you keep ignoring my parallel of Joe Cole in Division one...

If he was genuinely world class, the great teams of Europe or even the want to be greats would be queuing up to sign him. Even the Bournemouths or Brightons would be linked. At best he's a Balotelli, great player, completely wrong attitude.

You might not be interested in Scottish football, but I am and am as entitled as you to post my views. I also enjoy English football and am happy to read what people on here say about it. In addition the football thread does not get 'clogged up with lower league stuff', it is dominated by the EPL.

Scottish football is the equivalent of lower league stuff this is what you clog it up with especially slagging off Rangers at every opportunity and yes you are entitled to post your views as am I, I just happen to be right the majority of the time and don't let a bit of banter wind me up unlike me old chum Bob McC and now you.

I would happily have a few pints with both of you if we ever had chance to meet that would give me a face to face chance to mercilessly slaughter the pair of you in a meaningful football debate.

You see I think the joy of football is you give out the banter, knowing full well it'll shit on your head one day, and you have to take it back. It's people who give it out, then don't like it back that stuff it up.

Let's enjoy the banter, take it in good spirit, and remember revenge is a dish served cold ;)

Can pfm ban Scottish football and anybody who writes about on this thread? They should have their own lower division moanarama. If nobody has started one, it is because they are a workshy nation.

The Scots are also responsible for Donald Trump and forcing men to wear skirts.

Jack

Racist, if you ask me.

I like gassor, he understands integrity, Bob McC is a bit more difficult.

Fair point about Trump though.

Bloss

Scottish football is the equivalent of lower league stuff this is what you clog it up with especially slagging off Rangers at every opportunity and yes you are entitled to post your views as am I, I just happen to be right the majority of the time and don't let a bit of banter wind me up unlike me old chum Bob McC and now you.

I would happily have a few pints with both of you if we ever had chance to meet that would give me a face to face chance to mercilessly slaughter the pair of you in a meaningful football debate.

If you know anything about the game you would realise how impressive Celtic's impact in Europe is.

In Europe Celtic have played against English teams on 19 occasions. They have been victorious on seven occasions, drawn six and lost six, giving Celtic a 37% win ratio over English teams, which doesn’t compare very favourably to their 46% win ratio in general in European competition. Celtic’s record in the pre-Europe days was actually extremely impressive.

At home in recent years we have beaten Barcelona, Man U and last year drew with City twice when they were romping ahead undefeated in the EPL. European nights at Parkhead surpass anything south of the border as Messi and many others have testified. You really need to widen your football outlook.

I enjoy a bit of banter about anything, but your version of it is without any semblance of wit or humour which means it comes across as banal slagging.

lord s.

again, you are basing your opinions on conjectures about the perceptions of others -- teams who may or not have wanted to acquire giovinco and what his personal choices are based on. i am basing mine on having seen him play many times.

i suspect you are also failing to factor in the quality of the MLS, which is rapidly rising. also consider that the USA is now a much better national team (and has been so for a few years) than your squad rooted in the EPL. (i shall brace myself for the excuses and rationalizations ;-)

vuk.

If you know anything about the game you would realise how impressive Celtic's impact in Europe is.

At home in recent years we have beaten Barcelona, Man U and last year drew with City twice when they were romping ahead undefeated in the EPL. European nights at Parkhead surpass anything south of the border as Messi and many others have testified. You really need to widen your football outlook.

I enjoy a bit of banter about anything, but your version of it is without any semblance of wit or humour which means it comes across as banal slagging.

Celtic raise their game when they play the English clubs as they do play in an inferior league and imo its just like a lower league club playing a premier league club in the FA Cup , they cannot sustain that level of football for long as they are generally motivated by the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back