advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Young got to the ball first, Aguero put his foot down & stopped the ball moving. Young's foot continued rolling over the top of the ball & into Aguero's leg. But obviously you were better placed to see this & judge it than Martin Atkinson was. However, if you check the papers today, you'll find it wasn't a penalty. :)

Whether Young got the ball first or not is irrelevant. It can still be deemed a reckless challenge if the player making the challenge is out of control regardless of who touches ball first. Young went in with both feet off the ground which is usual definition of out of control. Should've been a penalty and red card

Young got to the ball first, Aguero put his foot down & stopped the ball moving. Young's foot continued rolling over the top of the ball & into Aguero's leg. But obviously you were better placed to see this & judge it than Martin Atkinson was. However, if you check the papers today, you'll find it wasn't a penalty. :)

Point of order: everyone who saw the TV coverage was better placed than Martin Atkinson. Good advert for the need for a video ref. Horrible challenge whoever makes it.

Whether Young got the ball first or not is irrelevant. It can still be deemed a reckless challenge if the player making the challenge is out of control regardless of who touches ball first. Young went in with both feet off the ground which is usual definition of out of control. Should've been a penalty and red card

Which is exactly what former red hero Neville said. Atkinson had a horrible game.

It can be but it wasn't. Hence no foul given. Hope that's clear.
40430139255_d49e99fa88_b.jpg

Two feet off the ground = reckless = out of control = red card + penalty.

Just for clarity

Law 12.
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

You'll note the words in bold.

It does not say, considered by fans in the crowd or considered by members of the TV audience. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't actually refereeing the game.

But I'm happy to clarify this for you as you obviously haven't grasped this point. :)

everyone but Atkinson and you thought it a pen... just consider you got lucky with the decision, it's only footie

well done Hammers for slicing up the saints last week and getting a point at the blue scum yesterday beat stoke next monday and should be mission accomplished.

Law 12.
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

You'll note the words in bold.

It does not say, considered by fans in the crowd or considered by members of the TV audience. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't actually refereeing the game.

But I'm happy to clarify this for you as you obviously haven't grasped this point. :)

You've not been clear because you've made two very different arguments at different points in time. One that the determining factor is that Young got to the ball first, and the other that the determining factor is that the ref's decision is final. I have, even with the limited intelligence at my disposal, managed to grasp both your points, but it is only in my gift to respond to the each argument at the time you make it.

My response was only to your first argument by providing photographic evidence to demonstrate the fallacy of your argument, something you acknowledge by opening up your second and subsequent argument

To be clear, on your first argument, I've grasped it, and you're wrong.

On your second argument, I've grasped that too, and you're right.
:)

At least Murray has precluded himself from moaning about a referee’s decision ever again. To do otherwise would be hypocrisy for sure.

One thing you should've learned was to play to the whistle - moaning about Ashley Young now is somewhat futile.

He won the ball too.

Problem? Defensive much?

advertisement

Back