advertisement

Momentum in Stafford - 28th July.

Proof, please.

I misremembered the particular controversy. In reality it appears it wasn’t her window at all and if anything looked like a failed burglary attempt elsewhere in the multi-use building, she just used the incident for her own anti-Corbyn self-advancement (she was trying to position herself as leader at the time).

Or, the kind of dickhead that chucks bricks at windows in the night was too thick to differentiate from her office window and one that is just around the corner. I don't doubt she made the most of it though, so would any politician.

And that link @ff1d1l, is just verbose nonsense. Arguing whether a piece of masonry is a brick or not, and then drawing all sorts of unwarranted conclusions, verging on conspiracy theory, because his FoI request had some info related to an ongoing investigation omitted.

Obviously the writer doesn't have an agenda. Oh no, not at all.

Again just for clarification: if, as she states, Eagle was subject of sexist or homophobic abuse then I have absolutely zero tolerance for that. None. I would happily stand next to her to fight it. I would not be prepared to be a member of any political or other organisation where such behaviour was accepted in any context. Any people demonstrating such behaviour should be expelled and charged to the full extent of the law IMO, though obviously such behaviour also needs to be properly proven. There is no place for witch hunts.

Some of the abuse politicians get is simply unforgivable, e.g. Diane Abbott’s treatment by racist trolls is far beyond sickening and should result in jail time, but there still needs to be a proper burden of proof before such behaviour is attributed to an organisation. I’m certain a lot of the racist abuse she receives is from Conservative and UKIP voters, maybe even from some party members, but the behaviour is not being attributed to these parties the way the media is so desperate to smear Momentum, so we do need to view things in a rather skeptical and critical manner.

PS FWIW I am always exceptionally careful not to use anything that could ever be construed as racist, sexist or homophobic language when describing politicians, e.g. I detest the likes of Johnson, Gove, Farage, IDS, McVey, Fox etc, I genuinely think they are traitors working against the interests of this nation, yet I will only ever attack their ideology, behaviour, paymasters and apparent intellect or lack thereof.

Or, the kind of dickhead that chucks bricks at windows in the night was too thick to differentiate from her office window and one that is just around the corner. I don't doubt she made the most of it though, so would any politician.

And that link @ff1d1l, is just verbose nonsense. Arguing whether a piece of masonry is a brick or not, and then drawing all sorts of unwarranted conclusions, verging on conspiracy theory, because his FoI request had some info related to an ongoing investigation omitted.

The point is that it was smashed from the inside.
No one else had an agenda, in your view, I suppose?

The point is that it was smashed from the inside.
No one else had an agenda, in your view, I suppose?

No it wasn't, a bit of glass on the floor outside doesn't prove that at all. We had a window broken at work a couple of years ago and some of the glass fell on the outside. Yet another of the massive stretches this guy is making in an effort to discredit Eagle.

Where is Sherlock when you need him?
The Case Of The Unhalfbricked Window.

...or, who gives a **** anyway.

The writer of that blog is a self-professed campaigner for freedoms and rights. He has a bunch of bees in his bonnet, mostly to do with dissing his local (Cheshire West) council for various perceived wrongs done to him and is, in my not so humble opinion*, an utter 4rse. And an idiot.

*I'm familiar with his 'work'.

The bottom line is that Eagle's has no integrity. It was not a brick through Eagle's window as part of a targeted campaign as she tried to suggest at the time

Indeed. As stated I have zero tolerance for internet warrior abuse etc, but it really annoys me that there seems to be an organised smear campaign against what is clearly the most interesting thing happening in UK politics at present. Labour’s party membership ballooning to well over 600,000 whilst the Tories is falling through the floor (well less than a quarter of that and declining rapidly) really is news.

Jeremy Corbyn, Theresa May, Vince Cable and Britain's chief Rabbi all paid tribute to those lost in the Holocaust on Holocaust Memorial Day, the other day, and none of them explicitly mentioned Jews.

Danny Cohen, former director of BBC Television somehow found this omittance to be deeply offensive and interpreted it as displaying a poor attitude to Britain's Jewish community, but oddly, only in Corbyn's case:

7FHucVFl.png

https://twitter.com/DannyCohen/status/956666995889582080

Like Jeremy Corbyn, UK chief rabbi also didn’t mention Jews in Holocaust remarks

Indeed. As stated I have zero tolerance for internet warrior abuse etc, but it really annoys me that there seems to be an organised smear campaign against what is clearly the most interesting thing happening in UK politics at present. Labour’s party membership ballooning to well over 600,000 whilst the Tories is falling through the floor (well less than a quarter of that and declining rapidly) really is news.
Agree 100%. Corbyn represents a shift in the political direction that this country needs, and needs desperately.

I intend to support that change of direction in whatever way I can

I joined Momentum yesterday, if they turn out to be anything like the mad marxist de-selectors portrayed in the media and elsewhere, I'll be quitting again and focusing my efforts elsewhere

The most important thing for Labour is surely to focus on these internal battles. It's not as if there's anything important going on outside their goldfish bowl, anyway.

The issue that Labour are going to have is that one day they will have to resolve the massive division within their supporters relating to Brexit. There are splits in all the leading parties relating to this, possibly with the exception of the Lib Dems who don't matter anymore anyway. But the Labour leadershiop seem reluctant to set out their stance as they are terrified of the consequences. As has been commented on in this thread Momentum are certainly on the rise, and have engaged the younger voters who are on the whole remainers. However, the rank and file working class Labour voters are predominantly Brexit supporters so one day soon the 'Chuckle Brothers' (JC & JM) will have to resolve this impending split/division.

At the moment it's been swept under the carpet and was removed from discussion at the last Labour party conference by Momentum. We shall see how this transpires .......

However, the rank and file working class Labour voters are predominantly Brexit supporters so one day soon the 'Chuckle Brothers' (JC & JM) will have to resolve this impending split/division.
To add spice to the mix, "rank and file" class A/B Conservative voters are predominantly Remainers, so May and her merrie Band have a circle to square too.

The most important thing for Labour is surely to focus on these internal battles. It's not as if there's anything important going on outside their goldfish bowl, anyway.
I realise outbursts like this are basically reflexive, but pretending that you actually mean something by it, what is it that you mean? Is it that housing isn’t important? Or that the division between the leaders of the council and everyone else amounts to the narcissism of small differences? Or is it that the will of the Party should emerge spontaneously and express itself through the leader?

Just read that the left bully boys are holding an event in Stafford, my home town. Just emailed my local council raising objections to such a nasty, fascist, bullying and anti-semitic organisation is being given permission to gather here .....

I'll post the reply if and when it arrives
!
You'll have had your reply now, will you post it as promised?

Please?

I realise outbursts like this are basically reflexive, but pretending that you actually mean something by it, what is it that you mean? Is it that housing isn’t important? Or that the division between the leaders of the council and everyone else amounts to the narcissism of small differences? Or is it that the will of the Party should emerge spontaneously and express itself through the leader?

I thought I was just pointing out that these internal spats are quite likely to end up distracting Labour from their job of opposing the government, but I guess you could argue that the government/Tory party is doing a good enough job of opposing itself.

Amusingly, I was just looking at the 500th issue of Private Eye, published in 1981, in which Dave Spart angrily denies that there's a split in the Labour Party, and asserts that the whole story of a split has been invented by the capitalist press barons and their running dogs who etc etc.

advertisement

Back