advertisement

Metal

Excellent @notaclue . How the crowd just stands there is bizarre.

Reminds me of Ratos.. but mixed into the pot are 2 mullets, a slice of alice cooper, a dose of motorhead, a fetching stetson, & some macabre seasoning.

Capt

Excellent @notaclue . How the crowd just stands there is bizarre.

Reminds me of Ratos.. but mixed into the pot are 2 mullets, a slice of alice cooper, a dose of motorhead, a fetching stetson, & some macabre seasoning.

Capt

A lame crowd, for sure. They deserved much better. Though the very good sound quality makes me wonder if it was more of a gig to be recorded rather than a 'normal' gig.

Incidentally, I was watching this the other day and couldn't help but notice the excellent crowd interaction. :) From a great YouTube channel with loads of live hardcore.

Struggling with that lot tbh.

Name like that, the word skinhead all over the place, artwork like this (including what used to be regarded as telltale white boot laces):

ab67616d0000b27390911f290d74e1485f72ade5

And although I haven’t seen overt racism during a quick look online, a sort of “WHY ARE YOU ASKING QUESTIONS, WOKEFLAKE?” theme to some responses from fans to those who express doubts on Reddit etc.

It’s not a genre I have much attachment to, so I could be missing something important (if so, please enlighten me). But from here they look dodgy AF.

Reactions: Jlc
Struggling with that lot tbh.

Name like that, the word skinhead all over the place, artwork like this (including what used to be regarded as telltale white boot laces):

ab67616d0000b27390911f290d74e1485f72ade5

And although I haven’t seen overt racism during a quick look online, a sort of “WHY ARE YOU ASKING QUESTIONS, WOKEFLAKE?” theme to some responses from fans to those who express doubts on Reddit etc.

It’s not a genre I have much attachment to, so I could be missing something important (if so, please enlighten me). But from here they look dodgy AF.

There's no need to worry.

"People in the scene think they have some idea about what Conservative Military Image as a band stand for but none of them ever actually get to know them or listen to them. Adam elaborated on the songs meaning, “A lot of people see me and say, ‘Oh, you fit into this, this and this stereotype. Somehow we also get grouped with racist skinheads, or they’ll think, ‘Oh, you’re one of us’ and we ****ing are not. We hate them.” No Echo

And here's a fan with a CMI t-shirt...

@Dave H. I -think- you might be misinterpreting it. I could be wrong, & was innitially suspicious due to the skinhead thing + the germany footie shirt, but listening to the words I heard enough anti-white supremacy xyz to continue watching. Plus there's a dedicated black skinhead in the throng too.

Interesting to read notaclue's take on it though; I know little about the current hardcore scene, but do know over here the punk-hardcore scene was maybe somewhat 'hijacked' by the far right-? To what extent if so Iadmit not knowing though.

Capt

A lame crowd, for sure. They deserved much better. Though the very good sound quality makes me wonder if it was more of a gig to be recorded rather than a 'normal' gig.

Incidentally, I was watching this the other day and couldn't help but notice the excellent crowd interaction. :) From a great YouTube channel with loads of live hardcore.

How did their drummer get the gig in a 'skinhead' band?!

In fact, none of the band are what you would call skinheads (looks to be more of a case of receding...) so I'm not sure why they have the skinhead thing going on. :confused: Perhaps it's a USP to get noticed.

u.jpg

US hardcore is not a scene with any reputation for racism, as far as I am aware of.
So far as I can tell they've a bit of an Oi fetish going on. Some of the original Oi scene was pretty dodgy but I don't think that's what's going on here.

There IS a white power skinhead scene in the US but it seems pretty distinct and isolated for the main hardcore scene.

Some? I'd say most of the Oi scene was dodgy.
But nevertheless I think you can still give a nod twds the music of it, without giving a nod to the abject politics of it: which is what I sense is going on with CMI.

Some? I'd say most of the Oi scene was dodgy.
But nevertheless I think you can still give a nod twds the music of it, without giving a nod to the abject politics of it: which is what I sense is going on with CMI.
I'd agree with that. I took an evening class a few years back and one of the members of Booze & Glory was in the class. Lovely bloke - and hardly ever greeted you with a sieg heil (joke!!)

advertisement

Back