advertisement

Metal

JLT on Rainbow vocal duty on Difficult to Cure. Did a solid, workmanlike job, I feel. Including on the wooows.

But the much better Rainbow was with the immortal RJD on vocals. Peerless when it comes to your metal vocalists.

This one's a peach. On Relapse Records like Deek's monkey one above, so some will prolly know of this lot.

Man that riff kicking in @ 4:35.. awesome.

Capt
One of the most powerful gigs I can remember was seeing them on the tour for this album. Brilliant.

That riff at the end is indeed immense. For another one of their ‘wait for it… wait for it… THE RIFF!’ songs, can recommend the track The Doorway from the album after, Times of Grace:

@Dave H. Humongous riffage- like the doors of pfm hell suddenly open up.

I like the discordant section preceeding it, which just makes it hit harder.

So I like the light Rainbow wooows, & the darkest heaviest waaaahs too. A very broad spectrum on this thread, I'm getting to learn alot about metal I didn't know before. Great thread.

Capt

@Dave H. Humongous riffage- like the doors of pfm hell suddenly open up.

I like the discordant section preceeding it, which just makes it hit harder.

So I like the light Rainbow wooows, & the darkest heaviest waaaahs too. A very broad spectrum on this thread, I'm getting to learn alot about metal I didn't know before. Great thread.

Capt
Glad you liked it.

FWIW this album is my current main squeeze for metal - exceedingly heavy but actually quite quite melodically astute/catchy for the style:

I don't want to drag the thread too far in the extreme direction and so alienate others though, so I'll leave it at that and leave some space for the Rainbow end of things!

Reactions: Jlc
@Dave H. I think this Brodequin? is possibly the heaviest thing I've ever heard. I'm 25 mins in, so I can't bail out now or I'm a pussy.

Astonishing drumming, yet again. And it's got this 'modern' urghhhhweeoooow grindcore thing, which is surely as extreme as it's possible to sing. These drummer guys must be super intelligent to be able to do these tricks. Last song is really good. Phew.. made it through. I need some Madonna after that.

Capt

I'm throwing a Wednesday curveball in to stir up the pot.

This only -just- squeakes in to be deemed metal at all, & I might get fruit thrown at me; more on the lighter end of the spectrum.. but as the thread's broadening out, it might tickle one's metallic fancy. I -really- love this band's 1&2 albums.

Capt

advertisement

Back