advertisement

Metal

@deek Really digging Macabre live show, & Dahmer too. The drummer is absolutely incredible! I didn't know anyone could bass-drum that fast, but also he has the touch of n.peart too. He must have the fittest legs of any man alive.

The technical ability of these metal bands so often astounds me, & often it's the smaller lesser know ones too.

Just -unearthing- the thread again.

I stumbled across a suitably vile/ impressive inclusion I think last night. Again it's the drums that astonish me, like Macabre ( I'm not sure if it's the same cata-gory as Im not in the know.. sounds like it to me tho).

Dying Fetus

I stumbled across a suitably vile/ impressive inclusion I think last night. Again it's the drums that astonish me, like Macabre ( I'm not sure if it's the same cata-gory as Im not in the know.. sounds like it to me tho).

Dying Fetus

My brother is a big fan of them, along with Napalm Death, Brujeria, Cattle Decapitation, Brutal Truth, Nile and countless other Grindcore/Death Metal bands, if your'e a fan of extreme drumming you should check our George Kolias;

@Konteebos hi there. Cattle Decapitation.. I recall this as being the most hilariously brutal name! I'll get prepared & watch your clip.

I stumbled on The czech Extreme festival a few years ago, on YouTube you see, which opened up a whole plethora (good band name right there!) of new stuff. I never considered there was -humour- to be found in extreme noise, but there it was in abundance. Interesting avenue metal had taken then for a decade+ it seems, without me being aware at all. Cattle.. were one such band. My favs tho being Ghoul.

I appreciate the technical drumming, coming from being a long standing fan of rush I think. As uncool as that is to say on a jazzy hifi forum!

Thx Capt

Dying Fetus

These guys will be playing a festival I’ll be at next month.

TBH they’ve mostly passed me by as I’ve found them a little hardcore-inflected for my tastes but will make a mental note to have a better look at the fest.

You're nicked son!

jazzpolice2small.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Actually, since the thread has popped back up, I should stick a plug in for the album a mate released the other day.

It’s himself on drums, with different tracks by an assortment of people from bands he’s played with over the course of a life in underground metal. A few original songs and a few covers of classic tracks (at least in his opinion!) by the bands he’s been in.

So a passion project, but also some great tunes IMO.

Oh, just thought of another metal thing, went to see a couple of great gigs lately.

One was these guys - expected it to be fairly empty as it was midweek in Birmingham, but in fact it was sold out, which was encouraging.

And the other was Carcass, but the surprise for me was the second support, called Unto Others, I believe from Portland.

Came across as equal parts Ramones, The Cure and Beastmilk. Enjoyed them more than I expected to!

advertisement

Back