advertisement

Menswear - Fashion, Style and Function - Share Your Wears!

same here, I also recall that Kickers were popular. DMs were Ox Blood, more holes = cooler
Yes Kickers were sort after, French Exchange kids used to come home with them. Only rich kids had them otherwise. Pepe jeans with a key ring on the belt loop were very popular too.

Cheers BB

Pish to that, I'd rather be comfortable than dress just so others will think I look well dressed. I geniunely don't care what others think of how I dress. I have my own tastes and preferences and that's what I'll stick with. If people think my clothes don't fit me properly, that's their problem.
Fitting properly embraces the idea they should be comfortable to wear. If you're not comfortable, they probably don't fit properly. Not that difficult a concept I would have thought.

Fitting properly embraces the idea they should be comfortable to wear. If you're not comfortable, they probably don't fit properly. Not that difficult a concept I would have thought.
And the need for condescension is?

I've yet to wear anything that others consider "well fitting" that I don't find restrictive. I don't like any sense of close fitting when it comes to clothes. I could never wear a hugging T-shirt for example, that most people would consider a "properly fitting" T-shirt. If I feel any tightness at all across my back when I reach both hands infront of me, then it's too tight for my liking. Another example, every single suit jacket (blazer whatever you prefer to call them), bar none, I've tried on that "fits properly" I find constricting.

So before you go making derisive statements, maybe you should learn that the meaning of "comfortable" isn't the same for everyone.

I can only go by look and feel at the moment as I haven't had them that long or worn them an awful lot, they certainly give the impression that they will last quite a while though. They are washable with care like all woollies. The two I have seem a slightly loose knit which makes them easy to slip on and off and comfy... the small size is perfect for me which is a big plus as neither small nor medium ever fits me properly in High St. stores.
I ordered a "Shooting Jumper" which arrived today. Heavy & seems well put together. Smells strongly of wool! Size "large" seems just about right. https://www.solvawoollenmill.co.uk/countryman-mens-jumper-oatmeal

And you can shoot left-handed or right-handed, switch shoulder for the second barrel, when you feel like showing off. It does look solid and well made, and not expensive.

I've yet to wear anything that others consider "well fitting" that I don't find restrictive. I don't like any sense of close fitting when it comes to clothes. I could never wear a hugging T-shirt for example, that most people would consider a "properly fitting" T-shirt. If I feel any tightness at all across my back when I reach both hands infront of me, then it's too tight for my liking. Another example, every single suit jacket (blazer whatever you prefer to call them), bar none, I've tried on that "fits properly" I find constricting.

So before you go making derisive statements, maybe you should learn that the meaning of "comfortable" isn't the same for everyone.
Why contribute to such a thread if you don’t care what you look like?

Lots of things are ‘comfortable’ but I wouldn’t wear them outside the house;)

out and about in Cardiff. Off to a restaurant shortly - tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt, Crocs and a Puffa. Comfy

Off for a meal with friends, then Petrenko conducting the RLPO & Simon Trpčeski for Grieg. Toffee coloured corduroy trousers & a thick chamois shirt in red, gold & russet check from LL Bean. Paramo jacket on top as it's been damp out.

out and about in Cardiff. Off to a restaurant shortly - tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt, Crocs and a Puffa. Comfy
Are you sure they'll let you in?
The other day in Florence, we were in a fashionable restaurant, and noticed the arrival of young or youngish men dressed like that, but invariably accompanied by women in long, glittering dresses, very high heels (also glittering) and full war paint. Interesting.

Maybe you're confusing "well fitting" and "close fitting". A hugging tee shirt is only well fitting if that is how you want it to fit.

advertisement

Back