advertisement

Menswear - Fashion, Style and Function - Share Your Wears!

When I was overweight I also tended to go with baggy fits but since losing a lot of weight last year I'm now going with clothes that fit me properly - and that includes a preference for jeans that are a slimmer fit.

Mr Dury says:
"Every bit of clothing ought to make you pretty
You can cut the clothing, gray is such a pity
I should wear the clothing of Mr. Walter Mitty
See my tailor, he's called Simon, I know it's going to fit"
"

A bit of trivia.
The wearing of "low crotch" jeans by youths, is just them copying US prison inmates, as they are denied the use of belts, so their prison uniform trousers, end up that way.

Edited, as it worried someone enough to comment, but thanks anyway.

Last edited:
The biggest improvement the majority of British men could make to improve their appearance is simply to wear clothes which actually fit them properly, pretty much regardless of weight, width, height or body shape.
Pish to that, I'd rather be comfortable than dress just so others will think I look well dressed. I geniunely don't care what others think of how I dress. I have my own tastes and preferences and that's what I'll stick with. If people think my clothes don't fit me properly, that's their problem.

Enjoying this debate between a load of middle-aged blokes about whether showing off your boxer shorts is still hip.

Anyone care to pitch in on whether they prefer Hoodrich or Trapstar?

I’ve seen a few in London over the last few weeks, popular amongst young black guys again.

Cheers BB

It has a connection to skateboarding in the 1990’s with the massive wide jean/chino style half way down ones bum.
Links up to Hip Hop etc.

My eldest Son rocked that lifestyle/look for a decade. I understood but never wore them . I shall have to ask him if how he regards that style now.
I was an Old School skater, so just skated in baggy ( usually ripped) shorts and similar long sleeved T-shirt (usually ripped) - clothes and (especially ) shoes would get trashed such is the nature of skateboarding - falling off regularly is all part of it.

I expect the suspender belt for socks may be coming back. I have very dim memories of my father with them in the late '50s, then swept away by elastic fibres.
The son of my ex-wife is getting married in July, in Umbria, in the afternoon, so f***ing hot, and his bride-to-be wants all the leading men to wear morning suits! I told him they are mad, will suffer horribly, and what will they change into for the party in the evening? Boxer shorts and T-shirts would be appropriate, but I expect she'll want everyone to wear a dinner jacket...I have asked not to be invited.

Enjoying this debate between a load of middle-aged blokes about whether showing off your boxer shorts is still hip.

Anyone care to pitch in on whether they prefer Hoodrich or Trapstar?

Branded undercrackers… a back passage that I have never explored.
Same with novelty undies.

this subject is soo downstairs.

Favourites at the moment:

Solovair “monkey boots” (https://uk.nps-solovair.com/collections/mens/products/s7-116-ch-g)
Hebtroco “16 oz selvedge denim” jeans (https://hebtro.co/about/)
Harris tweed jacket - always keep eye open in charity shops
whatever T shirt/ button down collar shirt is clean

Old age - comfort and longevity (British made where possible)
Monkey Boots were big when I was at school, a cheaper alternative to Dr Martins at the time.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back