advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part XXVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we pay the £370 in one go or does it all have to be done in instalments.

I've been away from this thread awhile so -

Do we send our unit to JW and he puts all new internals or are we buying a whole new unit?

Thanks

Hi John,
I have just paid my second installment but I have not received confirmation email for the first one. Can you take a look when you have a minute to spare?
Thanks

Can we pay the £370 in one go or does it all have to be done in instalments.

I've been away from this thread awhile so -

Do we send our unit to JW and he puts all new internals or are we buying a whole new unit?

Thanks

Its DIY replacement of the main board and back panel, or you can ship to him for the work to be done.

Having taken mine apart its pretty simple, will happily put together a picture based DIY guide if needed.

Second installment done, #17 on the list... Ultimately after the full fusion+ all singing all dancing super version.. :)

What will the order be for mdac2?
For those who aren't needing salvaged unit and have paid all the installments versus those who a paying final cost only and combination of requiring salvaged unit .

It may get tricky to figure out.
Probably to soon to worry :)

For anyone on the list who doesn't feel comfortable opening their unit, I'll be happy to do board swaps to save on the £40 round trip the CZ.

Johns offer of a salvaged unit makes it to tempting to resist. As second hand Mdac's are going for £400 . Salvaged unit plus p&p is about the same. All I need to do now is find £370 quid :rolleyes:

Hi John,
I have just paid my second installment. I have the same question as AlanH. I have not received confirmation email for the first one either.

I was trying to revert from the latest firmware to the original .90. The update completed but the MDAC would not turn on or at least the display was not lit.

I tried then to reinstall V10 and the install got to 7% and no further it just hung the PC. The problem now is that the PC doesn't see the MDAC so I cannot upload any firmware versions at all.

Any suggestions?

Not being able to communicate via the USB suggest the clock has failed - was this a new unit?

Was this the first time you tried to upgrade the firmware?

You could try a few more times to reflash the firmware - how computer literate are you? I could send you a lower level software installer - but you need a certain level of skill - where are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back