advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv lost my left channel john, happend when i was switching between firmwares, now i cant get my left channel to go at all on any firmware or source.
Not the cable, switched fine.
Not the amp, switched fine.
Headphones work fine.

is this the case with headphones as well or just the rear outputs?

Just the rear outputs, headphones are fine. I have managed to get the left channel going again by flashing different firmwares over and over again, i believe there may be a sticky bug with the new firmware.

Just the rear outputs, headphones are fine. I have managed to get the left channel going again by flashing different firmwares over and over again, i believe there may be a sticky bug with the new firmware.

There is one relay per channel on rear outputs, but both controlled by the same signal switch. Headphones are operated by a single relay that switches both channels. Both rear outputs and headphones are fed from the same amplifier output. If both channels work through headphones, but one channel is absent on regular outputs, that suggests the dead channel's relay is not working. Hardware issue I'm afraid.

There is one relay per channel on rear outputs, but both controlled by the same signal switch. Headphones are operated by a single relay that switches both channels. Both rear outputs and headphones are fed from the same amplifier output. If both channels work through headphones, but one channel is absent on regular outputs, that suggests the dead channel's relay is not working. Hardware issue I'm afraid.

Its working now though so it shouldn't be a issue, been happily flashing away again with no issues... ?

What RCA cables do you guys use with the mdac, I'm now using a pair of 1M Atlas Equator Superior to the Graham Slee Solo UL headphone amp, is the Atlas actually on par with the mdac? Does anyone has better suggestion or experience sharing on this issue. Currently I find the sound detail enough but a bit coarse hearing with the Solo and I guess it may due to the inadequacy of the Atlas cables. :)

When i first turn the unit back on after flashing V.09 I had no sound from XLR outputs - I rebooted M-Dac & all was fine.

What RCA cables do you guys use with the mdac, I'm now using a pair of 1M Atlas Equator Superior to the Graham Slee Solo UL headphone amp, is the Atlas actually on par with the mdac? Does anyone has better suggestion or experience sharing on this issue. Currently I find the sound detail enough but a bit coarse hearing with the Solo and I guess it may due to the inadequacy of the Atlas cables. :)

All my interconnects are QED. No need to spend more. If you don't like your sq, experiment with the position of the loudspeakers, that makes a lot more difference than a multi-hundred dollar interconnect.

Try the "nil" cable by plugging the headphones into MDAC directly :)

BTW: What cable are you using in your headphones? Maybe consider replacing ;-)

Use pure copper. Less coarse. Or pure silver ($$$). No silver plated.

Here's a new version vA.10, mainly bug fixes and this time released for both Mac & Windows:

• track & time working again
  • no more crashes when browsing menu
  • filters and their exclude list can be browsed by the knob or Prev/Next remote buttons
  • filters that fail to load due to absence of signal lock will automatically load the next time an opportunity arises

Mac:
https://www.box.com/s/dpfues9ysddefrzk7uvw

Windows:
https://www.box.com/s/6xq4l7h055lb4b2y4tu1

^^^SAME on cables....AWESOME will install.

Might be a stupid question.

But on a pc set up, is there any difference/preference between USB or Coax?

thanks.....Still getting acquainted with my new toy

A word of caution, just installed vA.10 and now when playing via usb Mdac defaults to +3db at the start of each new track. I Have pm'd Dom to alert him. fortunately i turned power amp off for initial test or could have been messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back