advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John, have you listened yet to A.90 ?.
I cant help but feel there is something wrong with the OT filters, the difference's between them and OS now are far too distinctive than previously. I used to enjoy OT on any flavor of firmwares but this one seems way off to me, something just not quite right.

John, have you listened yet to A.90 ?.
I cant help but feel there is something wrong with the OT filters, the difference's between them and OS now are far too distinctive than previously. I used to enjoy OT on any flavor of firmwares but this one seems way off to me, something just not quite right.

No not yet - I only have a "modified" MDAC so it it will give different results to standard units.

My system really is not go enough - as soon as I've issued the BDAC PCB I'll build myself some amps and take a listen...

I can measure my unit just to insure the correct filters are being loaded!

John

No not yet - I only have a "modified" MDAC so it it will give different results to standard units.

I can measure my unit just to insure the correct filters are being load!

John
Yea that would be great, xD.

My system really is not go enough - as soon as I've issued the BDAC PCB I'll build myself some amps and take a listen..
John

Haha i love this, "il just make my own amp, screw buying one herr durrr."
GOLD.

My system really is not go enough - as soon as I've issued the BDAC PCB I'll build myself some amps and take a listen...

I can measure my unit just to insure the correct filters are being load!

John

Now I REALLY know why the amps come next, I think...

The CLS IIs can then join the party :)

Yea that would be great, xD.

Haha i love this, "il just make my own amp, screw buying one herr durrr."
GOLD.

Anthony Matthews of Tube Distinctions once said to me that the only reason he could afford his monoblocks (awesome hybrid beasts) was because he'd built them himself.

Just installed A0.9 labelled my USB to SBt and COAX1 to Phono, and sat down to listen.

Absolute black silence... a complete absence of, err.. any sound. All inputs the same, so a reflashed with same version, and it immediately started to play!

Don't quite know what happened there, but the reload fixed it. It retained my renamed inputs too, which is nice.

Listening to Phono and an album I've not listened to for ages, so no real assessment of sound quality yet, but it sounds superb on the Breeders Pod.

Just installed A0.9 labelled my USB to SBt and COAX1 to Phono, and sat down to listen.

Absolute black silence... a complete absence of, err.. any sound. All inputs the same, so a reflashed with same version, and it immediately started to play!

Don't quite know what happened there, but the reload fixed it. It retained my renamed inputs too, which is nice.

Listening to Phono and an album I've not listened to for ages, so no real assessment of sound quality yet, but it sounds superb on the Breeders Pod.

There is a bug with the software - if you power-up the MDAC selected to a input with no signal (no lock) it will not load the filter - you have to select a input with signal lock (or USB) then cycle though the filters.

Dom's working on the corrections... A10

John

I found the menu and selected input label ... but how do I rename the input? how do I change "COAX1" to "OPPO" for example?

Turn the knob to cycle though the alphabet / Characters push the knob to select and move to next character position.

On the last character just push and hold the knob until the MDAC exits the menu and store the setting.

John

Thanks again John. Few tries before, the character list did not appear until the knob pressed for 2nd time. This is great.
Without signal presence, when selecting default input, mdac reboots itself. Is this the bug which should be fixed on A10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back