advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know in the grand scheme of things this is really petty, but I would love a patch for the incorrect discrete remote input switching. I have all four used and all controlled via a Logitech harmony remote, problem is can't switch to Opt1. Any chance Dominik could put out a A.08a version with correct mapping? Unless I have got this wrong and someone can point me to an alternative work around! thanks

I got around this problem by adding an action of > input down to the activity so now it switches to OPT2 and then input down takes it to OPT1 :)

Hooray, just got my MDAC back. I know what I'll be doing after work:D

Paul, fancy comparing our units side by side?

Peter

Hooray, just got my MDAC back. I know what I'll be doing after work:D

Paul, fancy comparing our units side by side?

Peter

Hi Peter,

That's great :)

Remember with the new caps. it needs to run-in again - it sounds "hard" and "cold" on first power-up,

John

It's been answered several times before, but from John's previous replies the simple answer is 'no'
The later features involved a fundamental reorganisation of the software between the two on-board processors

And either way that would be a distraction of development effort. The point is to develop A.09 with the desired characteristics of 0.90, not the other way round

Absolutely true....but at the moment I understand John and Dom have no idea why 0.90 sounds so different from A.08 and the work to fix that could be substantial.

Jeez John, you are an artist with the soldering iron. Sorry, could not resist taking a peek :)

Peter

No problem :) now you know why it takes so long... adding the Gate stopper resistors to the MOSFET's a horrid job...

I'm sorry I didn't have the chemicals to clean-off the residual flux after working on the PCB... just would have looked cleaner, no effect on performance.

John

Absolutely true....but at the moment I understand John and Dom have no idea why 0.90 sounds so different from A.08 and the work to fix that could be substantial.

We have a few ideas - as soon as I have the BDAC PCB completed, we can then spend the time to understand the root cause.

The hope is that we will be able to improve the sound over V0.90 :)

John

Hi All

I tried running my SBTouch via USB (through a USB hub) to the MDAC and the SBT can't play through the MDAC. I'm running EDO on my SBTouch and v0.90 on my MDAC. No issue using coaxial.

Can anyone help?

I got around this problem by adding an action of > input down to the activity so now it switches to OPT2 and then input down takes it to OPT1 :)

thanks, Doh, thought I was quite smart on harmony too! Yes, that will work, just have to remember to change it back when it is fixed.

John, thanks for the thought to do a patch, but this is no longer a sev1 ;), as there is a great work around and therefore is much better resolved in your next 'sound enhancing' major release.

No problem :) now you know why it takes so long... adding the Gate stopper resistors to the MOSFET's a horrid job...

I'm sorry I didn't have the chemicals to clean-off the residual flux after working on the PCB... just would have looked cleaner, no effect on performance.

John

Piece of 3D art. With my eyesight it would be a week...
No worries, I've got some flux cleaner, I'll clean it when I convert to DC after some listening comparisons with standard unit.

Peter

Hi JohnW,

I've talked with my reseller which was very impressed by your implication. They agree to take all the transport costs. I will bring them the unit tomorrow and they will do additional packing then send it to you on their own (on tuesday i think). I will send you further information by pm tomorrow but before I've got a question: Do you need the power adapter ?

Best regards, many thanks again !

Hi JohnW,

I've talked with my reseller which was very impressed by your implication. They agree to take all the transport costs. I will bring them the unit tomorrow and they will do additional packing then send it to you on their own (on tuesday i think). I will send you further information by pm tomorrow but before I've got a question: Do you need the power adapter ?

Best regards, many thanks again !

Hi Hluga,

Please send ONLY the MDAC - No remote or power adapter - they only add weight = shipping costs. Also, removes the chance that I'll misplace them!

I am a "soon to be" owner of the M-DAC. :cool:

Finally someone picked up the distribution in Sweden, and an order was placed imidiately.
The downside is, I hate waiting. (Of course they did not have any silver ones in stock.)

IMVHO, the Silver one looks like a £20 Freeview box. Get a Black one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back