advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my part its all black... i dont know if naim produces silver devices and i have to keep all things within the WAF range. and rosewood for speakers

I'm using A.08 but i've got no choice because of a new kind of lion....
I use audirvana player and i'm very satisfied. I dunno how to perform firmware comparisons without having two units to A/B comparison. I've tried to compare MDAC with my RCD 971 on a CD (RIP and original) and i prefer MDAC sound with optimal transcient filer XD (more more detailed).

Received my M-DAC on Wednesday 2012-08-29 and been since (after burning in period) comparing it to my existing R2R Audio-Gd Reference 5 equipped with 4 PCM1704UK DAC chips.

Initially my listening impression with the M-DAC resembled somewhat what I experienced in the 70'ties when CD's came replacing vinylrecords. Lots of details and transients to die for.
However after some more weeks of more listening to the M-DAC I I've concluded that I do like it's sonic signature ... but ... there's still some improvemements to be made to the body of the sonic signature, compared to the PCM1704UK equipped DAC it's still a bit thin in sonic signature.

My belief is that the MPAX may do the final trick adding "body" to the signature.
I intend to wait and keep the M-DAC in parallel with my PCM1704UK DAC.
/Lars

Which firmware version are you running? If you're on 0.90 it might be worth trying an a0x, it *might* be closer to your taste. /dom

Piece of 3D art. With my eyesight it would be a week...
No worries, I've got some flux cleaner, I'll clean it when I convert to DC after some listening comparisons with standard unit.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Hopefully you found the "Spare" crystal in the packaging... Just so you don't throw it out...

John

Short update after 100+ hours of burn-in:

Resolution increased further as did bass precision. Voices are reproduced with an impressive presence in the listining room.

Thank you, John! I'm having so much fun these days.

Michael

Short update after 100+ hours of burn-in:

Resolution increased further as did bass precision. Voices are reproduced with an impressive presence in the listining room.

Thank you, John! I'm having so much fun these days.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm genuinely happy you like the update :)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back