advertisement

MDAC first listen (part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well atleast it adds some "fun" back into HiFi... recall the days of tweaking the turntable suspension and VTA etc...

Absolutely ! I've dusted off my Micromega Stage 2 CD player that now serves as a transport into the M-DAC (when the UnitiServe is elsewhere), and promoted my NVA AP50 to use as a power amp (volume set to 11).

I keep having to pause the music to go pick up my socks.

BTW. I'm finding vA.04 is the best so far, with no lack of bass weight. Also, the difference between OT XD and DD is now more pronounced, with XD clearly more - ah - clear to my ears.

Jan

(lab rat in social experiment)

Why do I get the feeling that these firmware updates are part of an increasingly elaborate social experiment?? :p

:cool: Interesting feedback for us, while we are working blind as I dont have a High resultion audio system ATM :( completed the "Schematic development" of the M-AMP last week, so about to start the PCB design... but also have to get back to the BDAC now...

John

Absolutely ! I've dusted off my Micromega Stage 2 CD player that now serves as a transport into the M-DAC (when the UnitiServe is elsewhere), and promoted my NVA AP50 to use as a power amp (volume set to 11).

I keep having to pause the music to go pick up my socks.

BTW. I'm finding vA.04 as the best so far, with no lack of bass weight.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks... wonder if you notice any difference with A0.5...

Try A0.4 / A0.5 and feedback the results :)

John, I don't understand. I am already on A0.4 now. Do you mean try A0.5? Any tweaks done on A0.5? Sorry for so many questions. Just like to know more of any changes between 0.90 and A0.5..

John, I don't understand. I am already on A0.4 now. Do you mean try A0.5? Any tweaks done on A0.5? Sorry for so many questions. Just like to know more of any changes between 0.90 and A0.5..

We are interested if there's any SQ difference between A04 / A05

There have been HEAPPPP's of changes between 0.90 and A04/A04.

Bug fixes, added features and trying to implement "work arounds" for the ESS left channel locking design bug...

We are interested if there's any SQ difference between A04 / A05

There has been HEAPPPP's of changes between 0.90 and A04/A04.

Bug fixes, added features and trying to implement "work arounds" for the ESS left channel locking design bug...

OK, but were any of those changes specifically designed to improve the SQ ? Of course, I love listening for myself, but it would be useful to know what you are aiming for.

For example, as mentioned earlier, I find the difference between OT XD and DD more pronounced. Is this a side effect of changes to resolve bugs, or a designed improvement ?

Thanks John,

Jan

OK, but were any of those changes specifically designed to improve the SQ ? Of course, I love listening for myself, but it would be useful to know what you are aiming for.

For example, as mentioned earlier, I find the difference between OT XD and DD more pronounced. Is this a side effect of changes to resolve bugs, or a designed improvement ?

Thanks John,

Jan

+1. :)

Thanks John,

Jan

Hi Jan,

No not yet - but second order effects have effected the SQ (with opposing opinions as to which is better!!!).

John

Hi Jan,

No not yet - but second order effects have effected the SQ (with opposing opinions as to which is better!!!).

John

Hi John,

That's clear. I hadn't fully grasped that you're unable ATM to adequately listen to your work. The mind boggles to think of what you'll achieve when you're fully set up with a high-res system.

Meanwhile, more than glad to be a guinea pig (lab rat ?)

Many thanks

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back