advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeerni,

It be great to meet you at Munich, maybe we should try and arrange a PFM get together? - but if it escaped anyones notice I'm bad at planning...

Fellow PFM'ers who will be visiting Munich :-

DTD

Rune

Superior

Eeerni

The plan is to add an extension card ("Digital Input Card") to add this feature to the FDAC at a later time. I'm not sure if this will work with any SACD player, or only work with specific models.

It will only work with BlueRay / SACD players that allowing streaming of the Native DSD Bitstream via the HDMI link. I purchased a cheap Sony BPD-S380 for our internal development, but I've yet to confirm its truly a Bit perfect Native DSD output.

You should think about buying a Tesla Model 3. Free electricity at the Superchargers.

Nothing would please me more, 'when' we get around to replacing our cars then for sure I'd like to look at the Tesla - the problem is that there are no superchargers here in Czech on the Prague / Brno Highway - and our country is thin and very Long.

About the only route I drive the car here is to Prague Airport and back or to the UK - otherwise the cars sit outside and basically rust away...

I really need range - from Czech Rep. to the family home in Scotland is 1519 Miles, having to stop x8 Times for 30 minutes or so to Charge would just drive me nuts, the journey with the tunnel crossing already takes about 21 hours without adding an extra 4 hours of charging time - assuming there are superchargers located on the route and are free (not busy).

But for Renata daily trips to University a Tesla would be great :) - our biggest monthly expense is Petrol costs, its far to say that 6L V12's are not efficient on such short journeys when the engines are still running cold...

But once FDAC / VFETs are completed I'll spend funds on building a home here in the Czech Mountains :) sadly not on the luxury of such a great car :(

I'm very "Happy" to see Tesla pushing boundary - Elon Mask is a real asset to the US and to the rest of the world :) he puts other company's to shame!

I'm not a huge petrol head but I have to admit to being a bit of one. That means that I think that part of the joy of driving a sports car with a decent size engine is the noise they make as you get into the higher rev range. It's just glorious. I'm not alone in thinking this. This is a bit of a problem for electric sports cars. I think what Tesla should do is have a button that switches on the sound of a Spitfire ( no I don't mean a Triumph Spitfire) that plays through the stereo and is modulated as your speed increases and decreases. I predict this would instantly double the appeal of their sports cars.

Ian,

I think the acceleration of the Tesla will make you forgo the sound effects - just listening to the Wife screaming at you will have to suffice :D

Ian,

I think the acceleration of the Tesla will make you forgo the sound effects - just listening to the Wife scream next to you will have to suffice :D

John
You must know that there are better ways to make women scream than that . . .:D

Eeerni,

It be great to meet you at Munich, maybe we should try and arrange a PFM get together? - but if it escaped anyones notice I'm bad at planning...

Fellow PFM'ers who will be visiting Munich :-

DTD

Rune

Superior

Eeerni

Team Lakewest FDAC Tee shirts ???

Yes adding delay to individual Audio Channels on the FDAC is possible / simple as we have large on-board DDR3 RAM connected to the FPGA.

Thanks John. I'll be giving that a try once you've implemented it in the software/firmware build

Well seeing as CARs will soon be using up all of our electricity, John had better come up with a Gasolene powered music system soon :)

Not posting much at the moment as I've been busy completing the Detox redesign (With the modifications for production) - I hope to have the PCB competed by mid-week.

The guys managed to damage the Beagle Bone so we have not been able to progress further on the display testing this weekend, but instead Jarek has spent the time working on the Digital PCB. 3x Beaglebones should arrive today (Monday) so I hope to also have good news on the display by mid-week.

Our target is to have the digital PCB ready for Munich + hopefully the Analogue board, and the production process well on its way for Detox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back