advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the dumb question but i can't recall if the fdac will host a cd/sacd drive.

The hope is to fit an optional CD slot loader - there are signals / connector on the Digital PCB.

No SACD as its near impossible to Licence as a small company.

Hello John - reading on the last posts and things are looking/sounding exciting for the FDAC :cool:

I have an FDAC question for you - in an earlier post you referred to using the on board DSP to add delay - will it be possible to delay the mains a few 10s of mSec behind the sub?

I ask because my sub has quite high group delay and so I have it placed much closer to my listening position than my mains to compensate a bit. If I can delay the mains, I can place the sub more freely.

Yes adding delay to individual Audio Channels on the FDAC is possible / simple as we have large on-board DDR3 RAM connected to the FPGA.

I wonder if anyone could recommend a supplier for XLR cables and adaptors please - I vaguely recall a recommendation a long time ago for a vendor who supplies "sensibly priced" cables intended for microphones.

(I have treated myself to Audeze LCD-3s, and so need an adaptor to connect from the two 3-pin XLRs on the MDAC to the 4-pin XLR headphone cable provided by Audeze.)

Munich HiFi Show?

Anyone going to the Munich HiFi Show May 5th to 8th (I'm leaving the show Saturday evening)?

I'll be attending with the Detox and if all goes well FDAC Analogue / Digital PCB's :)

The main purpose of my trip is to meet our production vendor who will be visiting from China and have other meetings arranged - but it will be great to meet anyone else who is going to be around :)

I have to think about it. Too bad I don't live in munich anymore (2005-2008)

Yes, I'm not looking forward to the 633km drive each way - the petrol will cost me more then the Hotel room... also not sure how much Sausage I can eat over 3 days!

Still, looking forward to the show - and meetings for Detox / FDAC production etc :)

It will be the first time for Detox to be seen outside of the lab :)

Munich HiFi Show?

Anyone going to the Munich HiFi Show May 5th to 8th (I'm leaving the show Saturday evening)?

I'll be attending with the Detox and if all goes well FDAC Analogue / Digital PCB's :)

The main purpose of my trip is to meet our production vendor who will be visiting from China and have other meetings arranged - but it will be great to meet anyone else who is going to be around :)
Hi John,
Yes I am attending and will be there Friday to Sunday so If possible it would be nice to meet you.
/Rune

I wonder if anyone could recommend a supplier for XLR cables and adaptors please - I vaguely recall a recommendation a long time ago for a vendor who supplies "sensibly priced" cables intended for microphones.

(I have treated myself to Audeze LCD-3s, and so need an adaptor to connect from the two 3-pin XLRs on the MDAC to the 4-pin XLR headphone cable provided by Audeze.)

I use Mark Grant Cables from uk.
Very reasonable

Hi John,
Yes I am attending and will be there Friday to Sunday so If possible it would be nice to meet you.
/Rune

Great, DTD from here on PFM will also be around.... looks like we might have a small group of fellow PFM'ers at the show :)

I arrive on the afternoon of the 4th, leaving on Saturday 7th - as I need to get back to the projects ASAP...

I'll be around between the 4th and 7th as well in Munich.

I have a spare PMD100 chip if anyone wants it? Or shall I just hand this to JohnW?

I'll be around between the 4th and 7th as well in Munich.

I have a spare PMD100 chip if anyone wants it? Or shall I just hand this to JohnW?

Hello dtd,
yes, I´m interested in the PMD100, but I would need two of them.

@ John: Do you think we will have a PMD100 bulk order at some day?

Greetings

P.S.: I will also visit the munich high end show

The hope is to fit an optional CD slot loader - there are signals / connector on the Digital PCB.

No SACD as its near impossible to Licence as a small company.

Will it be possible to record (rip) SACD via the HDMI input?

Thanks.

John,
I will be at the Munich Show, ist just 35Km from my home/office.
Would be glad to meet you, if possible.
Best regards
Erwin

Great, DTD from here on PFM will also be around.... looks like we might have a small group of fellow PFM'ers at the show :)

I arrive on the afternoon of the 4th, leaving on Saturday 7th - as I need to get back to the projects ASAP...

Pictures, pretty please! Would love to be in Munich, too.

Will it be possible to record (rip) SACD via the HDMI input?

Thanks.

The plan is to add an extension card ("Digital Input Card") to add this feature to the FDAC at a later time. I'm not sure if this will work with any SACD player, or only work with specific models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back