advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101110)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great! Now I'm in a dilemma... I'm a fully signed up, and paid up member of the VFET club, but the idea of a Lecson styled power amp to drive my MLs would be just way beyond cool, and the realisation of a dream of many years.

The trouble is that the Towers are really form over function - there is only so much that can be packaged into the towers - your ML really need current = large PSU etc. The VFETs have been designed with driving my CLS's in mind - the "Power towers" :) are for more normal speakers. not that they would badly struggle with your ML's, but really you want the VFETs... Think Tube + VFETs... :)

Would the 240/306 actually work with the punishing impedance of the Summits at moderate volumes?

You like decent listening levels :) the 240/306 going to struggle here with your speakers.... A 606 would be better...

The trouble is that the Towers are really form over function - there is only so much that can be packaged into the towers - your ML really need current = large PSU etc. The VFETs have been designed with driving my CLS's in mind - the "Power towers" :) are for more normal speakers. not that they would badly struggle with your ML's, but really you want the VFETs... Think Tube + VFETs... :)

You like decent listening levels :) the 240/306 going to struggle here with your speakers.... A 606 would be better...

Sadly we rarely can listen at realistic levels, but I'm looking for the ultimate poweramp and going for something that is just OK would bug me. However a vfet built into a custom scaled up lecson tower, maybe the same height as my Summits would certainly be a talking point! I like radical styling!

I finished building the temporary frames for my DIY ESL kit and had a quick listen afterwards. The room next to the workshop is mainly used for storage and the only music files I had with me were some mediocre MP3s..

IMG_20160326_204020_small.jpg

Nevertheless the sq was really good, especially the sound stage. Hopefully I can move them to my apartment tomorrow and have a real listening session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back