advertisement

MDAC First Listen (Part 00101010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John,
I don't mind waiting to get the FDAC once you complete the digital board....would prefer to receive it complete. Also I would prefer to pay in the larger chunks.

As for the Detox.... I'd prefer it in Gold....may help me with an enhanced placebo effect...just kidding.

Make mine the same as yours!.....not the JD, the Detox...

Cheers!

Black for my detox
As planning slowly slides, maybe i can finally come to czech republic to grab all my stuff next summer (as planned for this summer) :p

Hi John

Would plugging a USB HardDisk DIRECTLY into the FDAC be possible...and would this require the DETOX for optimal transfer?

I can't think of any other way I would use USB ...however if this is the complete solution, I may join the DETOX club.

How do we Pay for the DETOX development?

(Black is my preferred 'non-colour' in any event)

Thanks

Paul :)

Maybe someone has suggestions: If I want to put the vfets next to the speakers to keep speaker cabel short, I need a flat nf xlr solution (10m or so) from the other side of the room. Is there any decent flat cabel on the market? ATM I am using nordost 2flat speaker cabel (it's very flat) to span the distance. I can hide it behind the toeboard and the family is happy...

Thanks,
Jansen

Maybe someone has suggestions: If I want to put the vfets next to the speakers to keep speaker cabel short, I need a flat nf xlr solution (10m or so) from the other side of the room. Is there any decent flat cabel on the market?

I have used SC-Isopod SO-F22 from Sommer in the past. This is actually cable that is used in fixed installs. Due to its tiny size it will be very easy to hide it.
I bought it in bulk (I believe it was 100 meters or something) and put the XLR's myself on the cable. I believe it is available in different colors.

At this time no, our only project in consideration are the following

OK, noted.

Rjpcardoso,

I worry abort the impact of the Chinese new year in February as its about smack in the middle of production / shipping etc. if nothing else its going to be a very busy time.

Yes, please avoid the Chinese New Year period for production.

Factory workers will rush and not do a proper job as they all want to go home without delay.

Better get the production done way before Chinese New year (at least more than one month before) or about 2 months after Chinese New Year which the factory workers would have returned and the work stabilized.

Once more we are jumping the gun :D
I will decide colour when the prototypes arrive.
But if the VFETs look as good in black as in Johns drawing. Then it will be black:p

Once more we are jumping the gun :D
I will decide colour when the prototypes arrive.
But if the VFETs look as good in black as in Johns drawing. Then it will be black:p

John was asking about the Detox colour

I don't care about the colour, as long as it's black.

And as timola below, I would prefer to wait until my unit is entirely finished & ship it one time then.

@ timola: what's larger 'chunks..?

John has offered to split some stage payments into 50:50 pieces (aka 'chunks') to help us co-investors budget these payments....in my case the family simply has to go without food or heating that month, one must get ones' priorities right....??

I am having an odd problem with my M-DAC. I keep switching on my system and thinking that does not sound right, with too much sound from the LH speaker. I check the balance on the M-DAC and find it has changed to full left. Reset to my usual +1.5 dB (to compensate for room shape) to right and all is fine until the next time it happens. I have reloaded vA.10 firmware but it is still happening from time to time at irregular intervals with no common event that I can think of. Any thoughts guys? Is my M-DAC dying or could it be a dodgy PSU problem? When it is working, it works just fine.

Wilson

I can paint plywood any colour :D

Come on Misterdog maybe you should widen your material choices a little...MDF too can be bought in many nice finishes these days!:)

Actually Marine Ply is a rather gorgeous material......Hmmm I think you've converted me...lol

I have used SC-Isopod SO-F22 from Sommer in the past. This is actually cable that is used in fixed installs. Due to its tiny size it will be very easy to hide it.
I bought it in bulk (I believe it was 100 meters or something) and put the XLR's myself on the cable. I believe it is available in different colors.
Thank you delange,
3,3mm diameter should work (and it's inexpensive). Even if a real flatline might be easier to install (parquet flooring, deep windows, terrace door).

I am having an odd problem with my M-DAC. I keep switching on my system and thinking that does not sound right, with too much sound from the LH speaker. I check the balance on the M-DAC and find it has changed to full left. Reset to my usual +1.5 dB (to compensate for room shape) to right and all is fine until the next time it happens. I have reloaded vA.10 firmware but it is still happening from time to time at irregular intervals with no common event that I can think of. Any thoughts guys? Is my M-DAC dying or could it be a dodgy PSU problem? When it is working, it works just fine.

Wilson

Its not a button stuck on the remote is it?

You could also try A0.8 software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back