advertisement

MDAC First Listen (Part 00101010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John

Would plugging a USB HardDisk DIRECTLY into the FDAC be possible...and would this require the DETOX for optimal transfer?

I can't think of any other way I would use USB ...however if this is the complete solution, I may join the DETOX club.

How do we Pay for the DETOX development?

(Black is my preferred 'non-colour' in any event)

Thanks

Paul :)

Hi Paul,

It the moment the are no plans to add a HDD option, the FDAC is a Slave USB device rather then a USB Host (Master).

The FDAC does have a couple of rear expansion slots (one for the RF link, the second for the planned HDMI interface), so it might be possible in the future to add a "streamer" type card.

Black for my detox
As planning slowly slides, maybe i can finally come to czech republic to grab all my stuff next summer (as planned for this summer) :p

You would be welcome to stay with us, as long as you don't mind sleeping above the lab - with the ESL's :)

I plan to drag a Sofa bed up there one day...

Hi John,
I don't mind waiting to get the FDAC once you complete the digital board....would prefer to receive it complete. Also I would prefer to pay in the larger chunks.

As for the Detox.... I'd prefer it in Gold....may help me with an enhanced placebo effect...just kidding.

Make mine the same as yours!.....not the JD, the Detox...

Cheers!

You got me thinking about a JD and coke, is that a bad sign?

Maybe someone has suggestions: If I want to put the vfets next to the speakers to keep speaker cabel short, I need a flat nf xlr solution (10m or so) from the other side of the room. Is there any decent flat cabel on the market? ATM I am using nordost 2flat speaker cable (it's very flat) to span the distance. I can hide it behind the toeboard and the family is happy...

Thanks,
Jansen

Janson,

That's a SERIOUSLY long for speaker cables - that's going to impact your BASS performance if its how your current system is connected!

The FDAC has the Kelvin sensed feedback option, it be interesting to see how this would would over such a distance - But finding a 4 Core Screen flat cable would be challenging.

Yes, please avoid the Chinese New Year period for production.

Factory workers will rush and not do a proper job as they all want to go home without delay.

Better get the production done way before Chinese New year (at least more than one month before) or about 2 months after Chinese New Year which the factory workers would have returned and the work stabilized.

100% for sure the Detox, FDAC and even possibly the VET will be somehow effected by the CNY - your correct that quality takes a dive around this time of the year and after CNY you lose some many staff who you trained who don't return... A real pain, lets see how the timelines go...

Come on Misterdog maybe you should widen your material choices a little...MDF too can be bought in many nice finishes these days!:)

Actually Marine Ply is a rather gorgeous material......Hmmm I think you've converted me...lol

Like this for example ?

XF5yH94UM3f0IRk4or50m03KWSX_xgPv-YrH-K_zFqAJuOEC0yTWWADje88KFZdwDWVgyfVmptkTgSjxJ7FvIHvHezBqYExIdYqvpx_aB136aNvo-BN04cZeXwK1B7-jsN9l_xgvgT35UnnpY5rA8X9pwrtsGyd3WIhjUQwVhyktjgWAz4kvivqNVQxARegPQvpfQJ9APKvH7kSpovaq-ZshzY5Dh0zdI6JekAze7PYPKM-rt4sDkXD9u6_xiVlLxCg5NtoK3FGWjBxZs_qGxFFG6TIqTnbAt0lmbL01wNjzP44w5VLUB-OSoIvKDR8uLz_p80TChen-CECw_NwSnu3UkYCPRzifPjd-LHEDqN3PWKjzcI4bks_uvXaA_hAPACozgtdE_bUaYa7YQVCkkTpg-BeXyYmsfM0zYz_FH7N-5IyBrTk6KimHOGwwD2mAPkBziZjBnb0lfgCenP5N-f7D1pLAdC6SAB6HFHeKJX3FU6faeJzpIWo7f1-Rx13DH6noQKN6UU4lOjCFdcmnQ7cwD6CfOQar-b1-gV00qBc=w858-h643-no

Must order the other coat hook..and learn to use the camera phone..

Like this for example ?

XF5yH94UM3f0IRk4or50m03KWSX_xgPv-YrH-K_zFqAJuOEC0yTWWADje88KFZdwDWVgyfVmptkTgSjxJ7FvIHvHezBqYExIdYqvpx_aB136aNvo-BN04cZeXwK1B7-jsN9l_xgvgT35UnnpY5rA8X9pwrtsGyd3WIhjUQwVhyktjgWAz4kvivqNVQxARegPQvpfQJ9APKvH7kSpovaq-ZshzY5Dh0zdI6JekAze7PYPKM-rt4sDkXD9u6_xiVlLxCg5NtoK3FGWjBxZs_qGxFFG6TIqTnbAt0lmbL01wNjzP44w5VLUB-OSoIvKDR8uLz_p80TChen-CECw_NwSnu3UkYCPRzifPjd-LHEDqN3PWKjzcI4bks_uvXaA_hAPACozgtdE_bUaYa7YQVCkkTpg-BeXyYmsfM0zYz_FH7N-5IyBrTk6KimHOGwwD2mAPkBziZjBnb0lfgCenP5N-f7D1pLAdC6SAB6HFHeKJX3FU6faeJzpIWo7f1-Rx13DH6noQKN6UU4lOjCFdcmnQ7cwD6CfOQar-b1-gV00qBc=w858-h643-no

Must order the other coat hook..and learn to use the camera phone..

Very nice Grain :)

I can remember when I used to work at Pink Triangle how we would get so upset as many times the woodwork vendor would manufacture the turntable plinths with the nicest wood Grain at the rear of the Deck!

Janson,

That's a SERIOUSLY long for speaker cables - that's going to impact your BASS performance if its how your current system is connected!

The FDAC has the Kelvin sensed feedback option, it be interesting to see how this would would over such a distance - But finding a 4 Core Screen flat cable would be challenging.
That's why I am thinking about another solution :). Unfortunatly it's a living room and not a definitive listening room. I guess I can arrange the installation of a 3,3mm diameter sommer cable or similar. Just need to sacrifice a few mm of parquet flooring at some places :). Thanks a lot!

Jansen

The signal degradation from 10m of 3.3mm Balanced cable makes me feel uncomfortable :(

But far batter then 10m of 3.3mm speaker cable!

Its not a button stuck on the remote is it?

You could also try A0.8 software.

John,

Many thanks for suggestion. I don't think the button has stuck but I did wonder if my wife's enormous labradoodle puppy was jumping up and putting his paws on the remote or a grandchild pressing buttons. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that the puppy has not chewed the remote like he has chewed everything else including 2 x 85W Macbook Pro power adapters and everyone's slippers and wellies. I have put the remote up on the mantelpiece to avoid the possibility of inadvertent button pushes and if it still continues, I will revert to FW A0.8.

Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back