advertisement

Man Bags

I was given a Longchamp bag after a well-drilled pincer action between my wife and the Longchamp salesman, BUT, I do find it extremely useful for carrying all the usual without having to stuff my pockets.

If I was getting another one, I would think about what I want to carry - LPs ? Camera? Laptop? etc.
I can just about fit my MacBook Air into mine, which makes it really useful transiting through airports.

I'd get one with a wide strap, I'd look for one that is a slim as possible and that has some zipped pockets to avoid stuff spilling out.

You are probably only going to buy one in your life, so there is a case for spending more cash on it to get a good one.

As ever, La Bella Figura completely overrides any practical considerations.

When my wife is driving and she puts her handbag on my lap I find it intensely irritating and instantly throw it onto the back seat. I also hate it when she asks me to hold her handbag anywhere else. (I expect someone will come along now and say I am a homophobic closet-something and a crypto-fascist.)

Could be worse, could call you a Tory

When my wife is driving and she puts her handbag on my lap I find it intensely irritating and instantly throw it onto the back seat. I also hate it when she asks me to hold her handbag anywhere else. (I expect someone will come along now and say I am a homophobic closet-something and a crypto-fascist.)
I think there's an accepted protocol when a man is asked to hold or carry a woman's bag. The key is to hold it slightly awkwardly with an expression of pained forbearance as if to say "Yeah, I know. She makes me stand around like a prune holding on to her pointless crap, but what can you do? Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em, can you? "

Sounds like your wife knows that these things irritate you and is grinding your prejudices/gears
I've just interrogated her and she swears this is not the case. But who knows? And I wouldn't call it "prejudice," because that would be negative, but sensitivity.

The only acceptable man bag.

Timeless design. Lightweight, pocketable. It is even hi vis when deployed.

37587823856_91414d9339_z.jpg

I’m so pleased for you. I’m delighted that you shop in Sainsbury. Keeps you out of Waitrose :)

I like that. And this is from a man who'd never carry a man bag because he'd use a rucksack so that he can pretend he's just come off the hill or about to set off up another.
Hi Steve,
I’m the same. The price is mad for leather. And we can think we are Indiana Jones.

That’s a good shout but a bit big for me, I only want one for keys, wallet and glasses. I already have a messenger bag for bigger needs (work).

I know where to go for a Leather Elvis Suit now though!

Cheers BB

The only acceptable man bag.

Timeless design. Lightweight, pocketable. It is even hi vis when deployed.

37587823856_91414d9339_z.jpg

once while shopping in a supermarket with a girl from work, I produced a shopping bag from my pocket, to be told ‘you’re such a dad’

not cool I’m afraid.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back