advertisement

Man Bags

Thanks for suggestions so far, Rucksacks are a definite no, I take one on long dog walks, I don't want to use one when out and about. I have a messenger bag already, I'm looking for something smaller, to be worn with smart-casual clothing.

Cheers BB
At the risk of being boring I would once again recommend looking at The Healthy Bag company, comfy with many colours and sizes, some bargains can be had with their clearance sales
https://www.google.com/search?q=hea...KBRiGA-IDBBgAIEGIBgGQBgk&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

I have a couple of Case Logic messenger bags that have carried everything from big cameras and lenses to a 2.5 litre urine sample, from bottles of wine to many kilos of books. About 20 years old, absolutely indestructible. lots of pockets, zips, heavy Cordura-type material. Not even very expensive. This model, from when Case Logic was pretty unknown, is no longer made. I suspect their current products use lighter canvas..

Thanks for suggestions so far, Rucksacks are a definite no, I take one on long dog walks, I don't want to use one when out and about. I have a messenger bag already, I'm looking for something smaller, to be worn with smart-casual clothing.

Cheers BB
Sorry, missed that. But I doubt there is anything small that would allow you look and feel like a "well-dressed man-about-town." Have you thought of some kind of a shoulder holster?

Sorry, missed that. But I doubt there is anything small that would allow you look and feel like a "well-dressed man-about-town." Have you thought of some kind of a shoulder holster?

Mrs BB would like that, she'd feel like she had 'close protection' whenever we went out!

Cheers BB

I have a rucksack with me on longer journeys.
A couple of weeks ago I lost the key to my house. As I was inside and not locked out when I found out it was lost, it must be some where inside the house. Couldn't find it, fine, it will turn up. Started using a spare key.
Yesterday the second key was also mysteriously lost. This time I found out just after coming home. Checked the usual shelves, pockets and thinkable places. Finally I checked the rucksack. BOTH keys where there, in the same spot, nearly tangled together :) I must have put them there without thinking :oops:

Next time I check the rucksack first...

Like the majority of middle aged men in East Anglia, I get my servant to carry my miscellaneous items for me (phone, lap top, electric fan, shooting pistol and twelve bore) whilst insisting he walks the obligatory five paces behind me of course. I suggest you do the same.

I hate carrying things in my pockets and whilst working carry everything in a messenger bag, apart from my mobile in my back pocket.

Outside work I put everything in Mrs BB’s handbag, which is causing conflict, as it’s Car Key, House Keys, wallet and Reading glasses, as a minimum. I am being encouraged to get a man-bag but I am resisting as I think they look very uncool. The local youths carry small designer bags across their fronts, which look ridiculous!

What do other people do/carry.

Cheers BB
I assume they are cross-body bags sported by the youth, Fred Perry have these side-bags
https://www.fredperry.com/men/bags/branded-pouch-l5294-102.html
https://www.fredperry.com/men/bags/burnished-leather-pouch-l4331-102.html

I like and own cargo shorts but I don't want them for every occassion.

Cheers BB
53172966376_ccc936cb2b_o.gif

leather man bag here, handbag size (small/medium ladies size)with a shoulder strap for lunching and dining. if at a gig no handbag, manage to get phone in front trouser pocket (not cargo's, bloody well hate 'em) hate carrying anything other than phone, glasses, tissues and keys, keep it simple

advertisement

Back