advertisement

Lake District - Fell Walking

I thought it was grime, "thus were there is muck there is money" To honest it hurts me to live here in London I hate it, Scotland, Lake District, Somerset, would be my choice at a drop of a feather. But I need to be close to the NHS traps for sick folk.
187636790_2581409018828690_6357126293071923237_n.jpg

A cold day
187628583_2581409318828660_1955601987642861937_n.jpg

March 1996

I miss this place, and the cold swim in the morning. And my friend Dr Kerr.

Shhh, keep your voice down! You need to keep up the pretence that the only bits of the Lakes worth visiting are Catbells and the area round Windermere, so the hordes go there and you can concentrate on the bits where you get it to yourself. By all means go to Patterdale, but head east from there. Now keep that to yourself; schtum, right?

Don't worry Steve, the 'Numpties' are all in Pooley Bridge swishing around in their nice new Berghaus coats eating ice cream :D

I was up there myself last weekend Gerard. Weather wasn't too bad, was it? Bit chilly first thing. I'm glad you enjoyed Back O'Skiddaw, it's got a really wild character about it. I left the dogs & wife at home in Suffolk so I could have a few days of peace & quiet. Didn't stray far from Keswick in the end.

It was ideal walking weather Tony, bit chilly on the tops but that's the way I like it as I don't like hiking in hot weather. I expect Keswick is pretty hammered at the moment? (hopefully they will all be able to get back to the Costas soon).

Don't worry Steve, the 'Numpties' are all in Pooley Bridge swishing around in their nice new Berghaus coats eating ice cream :D

And they still drive like loons like they do here in London, in cars far to big and they can't find the indicators, or understand roads sign. One Way means one way, no turning left, or right means nothing here let alone Give Way signs, right Burks. And schools runs mean 100yrds is far to far for there spoilt brats to walk so bring the big German car and block the roads with mums without roads sense. I want to move help :rolleyes:

It was ideal walking weather Tony, bit chilly on the tops but that's the way I like it as I don't like hiking in hot weather. I expect Keswick is pretty hammered at the moment? (hopefully they will all be able to get back to the Costas soon).
I'm an early bird, out for my walk by 6.00, so I'm back & having breakfast by the time the hordes are out & about. Walked up Walla Crag the other morning & didn't see a soul.

I'm an early bird, out for my walk by 6.00, so I'm back & having breakfast by the time the hordes are out & about. Walked up Walla Crag the other morning & didn't see a soul.

Crikey I was on foot at 9.30am doing The Dodds a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday and I thought that was a sterling effort but 6:00am respect. I'm a night owl - I don't do mornings

I was to try to find this photo I took .
Please paste more up, I have booked a cabin in Nov, and can't wait to get there, I been walking with my stick a lot, slow but I will climb up some hills, falling down oh blame Newton.

10684941144_a6694cf10d.jpg

Best time of the day! I spend lots of time up there, so I've got lots of photos, mostly taken in the early morning. It's getting light about 4.30 am there now, so I'll probably be heading out earlier. Here's a couple more...

2ts4CoR.jpg

MxPH0ea.jpg

Wonderful pics! Looking forward to getting back to Keswick and Derwentwater. Usually camp at the site next to Booths (very handy…). Trouble is, it’s generally full!

Wonderful pics! Looking forward to getting back to Keswick and Derwentwater. Usually camp at the site next to Booths (very handy…). Trouble is, it’s generally full!
Aye, a very popular site! Often floods though.

Having to pay to park in the Booths car park when shopping there has nearly caught me out a few times!

Wow smashing photographs, amazing.
As car park, disabled bays and badge mean nothing here and I found the same at Ambleside often.
It takes me about 5min to walk just 100yrd.

advertisement

Back