advertisement

Jools Hollands Hootenanny BBC 2

I think if you are watching it on I-player or catchup you are missing the point.

No-one would watch it if there was anything else on worth watching. Why would you watch a new year's eve party show if it isn't new years eve?

I watched some of it whilst playing silly games and drinking champagne. The assembled mass in my man cave were agog at Chaka in rubber. Must have got pretty wet inside that thing under studio lights. I did not like her 'singing' either and since she has been absent from any media AFAIK is she suddenly making a come back?

The duet with RagnBone and Gregory Porter also fell flat I thought. Imelda May was great and so was Christine & the Queens.

Watched it in bed
The OH used the dodgy bits to go and call for Huey Twyford.
I alternated to top up my glass of Tawny.
I think we've seen enough of Seasick now, he needs to get into something new.

Better than Robbie and some of those programs showing interesting stuff interspersed with "celebrities" showing us when to laugh and giving inane comments.

I think if you are watching it on I-player or catchup you are missing the point.

No-one would watch it if there was anything else on worth watching. Why would you watch a new year's eve party show if it isn't new years eve?

Why would you make a New Year's Eve party show if it isn't New Year's Eve?

I find Jools Holland nauseating can’t stand him trying to accompanying anyone he has on the show, I remember him being on the piano when JJ Cale was on. Playing the piano on Cocaine ......... really. You’ve got one of the most gifted guitarist on the planet and Holland has to muscle in on the act!!!! Insane!

Regards,

Martin

P.S Happy New Year to all PFM subscribers

I find Jools Holland nauseating can’t stand him trying to accompanying anyone he has on the show, I remember him being on the piano when JJ Cale was on. Playing the piano on Cocaine ......... really. You’ve got one of the most gifted guitarist on the planet and Holland has to muscle in on the act!!!! Insane!

Regards,

Martin

P.S Happy New Year to all PFM subscribers
I couldn't agree more - gets on my tits big time and for that reason I haven't watched it for years.

it was made in October...

Ha, I hadn't even considered that it wasn't recorded live.

Makes Jools's over-zealous new year greetings to the whole studio even more cringeworthy.

Agreed about Holland ruining everything with his piano.
Didn't see it all but the bits I did see were awful - Melanie doing her Brand New (wrong) Key was hilariously bad.

I hear he is actually dead now. He recorded 20 or 30 or so shows 5 years ago, to show in future New Years ;)
Happy New year for the years 2020-2050

advertisement

Back