advertisement

Jools Hollands Hootenanny BBC 2

I managed to stay watching for about 5 minutes before returning to my usual geekery on YouTube.

Caught a bit of it last night, awful beyond belief, Vic Reeves FFS, interesting to see Sajid Javid on trombone.
I still dip in briefly each year to see if another Seasick Steve appears, but that seems very unlikely. I thought Lulu still had a pretty good voice, despite her 73 years, although I’m no fan of hers.
Vic Reeves was *awful* though.

Mick

I still dip in briefly each year to see if another Seasick Steve appears, but that seems very unlikely. I thought Lulu still had a pretty good voice, despite her 73 years, although I’m no fan of hers.
Vic Reeves was *awful* though.

Mick

I did dip into Jools a few times and there was indeed the usual dross. Vic Reeves was just embarrassing, but I was lucky enough to catch that performance of 'Shout' from Lulu. Like you, I'm not really a fan, but she aced that.

Even the wife commented on how well Lulu sang.

Allowed myself to be moderately impressed with Ed Sheeran's talents. Rag'n'Bone man can do the business too. Not too sure about the new Jazz singer girl - but to partner up with Ed Sheeran and the whole big band at the drop of a hat was pretty good, even if I was completely mystified by the song that every one else seemed to know.

Switched away to watch the London fireworks - impressive. Then watched more Hootenanny until about 1:15 and to bed.

Was pretty sure Lulu was going to shout. Would have been a real surprise if they'd done 'Man who sold the world', where I think she qualifies as definitive original contemporary version as produced by Bowie.

Gregory Porter doing 'My Babe', what a waste. Then whomever completely failing to spark 'Sunshine of your love'. It's like the producer said to Jools and Co, 'What we really want is lift music', and they wen 'Yes Sur'.

advertisement

Back