advertisement

Is Mana Back?

Where did you sell it?I only ask as I have one to sell.Might put it on t'bay.....

MVV sold it to me via the PFM classifieds. I was very pleased with the deal as I scored the table and the reference top for £150. I have a wall shelf that the reference top will sit on when I get around to setting it up.

Back on topic:

I my experience Mana is superb under an LP12. It is also my experience that Fraim and/or Fraim lite are superior to Mana under my Naim/Linn system in my room.

I only got to know of Mana a couple of years ago after Mr Pig introduced me to it and I'm so glad he did! Anyway, below is a pic of my Mana and although I don't need any more, I'm glad others will have the opportunity to try it.

IMG_0656.jpg

Maybe the Ninja will resurface?

I guess Stereophile never reviewed the stacks as Fremer wouldn't have been able to reach the turntable.

Put him out of his misery a post a shot of the rear spikes w/o bokeh

Just to be clear. It looks from the photo that there is what looks like 4mm spike sinkage on the front right spike. This is what the doctor appears to be denying which is strange because it looks obvious to me. The spikes in the backround are difficult to see but don't appear to be sunk in quite as much. Do you not see that?

Just to be clear. It looks from the photo that there is what looks like 4mm spike sinkage on the front right spike. This is what the doctor appears to be denying which is strange because it looks obvious to me. The spikes in the backround are difficult to see but don't appear to be sunk in quite as much. Do you not see that?

Erm, I think most people will have keeled over with boredom by now, John.

Here's how you started:

Looking at this photo, it looks like the front right spikes are significantly more imbedded in to the boards than the other spikes. Didn't Mana make stronger boards to handle the extra weight? I can't imagine that would be a good thing.

So, you seem to be saying one or more of the spikes is deeper than the others. OK, I can assure you (or can I?) that it/they wasn't/weren't. Your post is so badly-written however, that it's really hard to tell exactly what you are saying. What is/are the "front right spikes", and why should they be deeper than the others? How are you measuring it? Who cares anyway?

Then you move on to:

To me it looks like the front right spikes are imbedded into the board about 4mm, are you saying they're not?

4 is a fairly specific number, and it seems highly unlikely that a spike would sink to precisely 4mm. Why not 2.5, or 3.2, or 4.7? And how are you measuring? Who cares anyway?

P.S. the word is "embedded".

Maybe the Ninja will resurface?

I guess Stereophile never reviewed the stacks as Fremer wouldn't have been able to reach the turntable.

Ah, there's a special FremerFrame to provide the necessary uplift.
Nobody gets off that easy.

I really hope it's not back tbh, because it led to a curious period of neurosis and intimidation. I had quite a lot of it at the time and, other than a brief period of about two weeks when it made my LP12 sound incredible, it didn't do much for me other than make my living room look like an oil rig.

Nah, that's the panel after Guillaume de Normandie orders invasion of the Angles after not receiving what he'd paide forr.

advertisement

Back