advertisement

Is everything OK with Stirling Broadcast?

I had some tablettes and noted that they sounded very alike to my LS3/5as when driven by my Rogers E40a tube amp, but when driven by my solid state Quad amps they were quite different.

The Rogers E40a amp was a great amp, but I wanted solid state so now I am Quad QMPs and a Music First Audio passive (TVC) preamp, as to take advantage of the V3s fully you need as transparent an amplification as possible.

go on Martyn, you know you want to :)

Wild Oak seems to be pretty popular, not so much the Rosewood Special but they are actually pretty nice.

Soon I will listing them generally on eBay and then ordering some V3 crossovers to start converting the V2s to V3s, which is probably 49 hours of work so I am hoping lots of V2s will sell on eBay so I don't have to convert them!

You can get two pairs of V3s for about the price of new Harbeth P3ESR XDs !

1JvE1CQ.jpeg

Stirling Broadcast as good as their word!

Many thanks to @MTBBiker and the team for a swift delivery.

1JvE1CQ.jpeg

Stirling Broadcast as good as their word!

Many thanks to @MTBBiker and the team for a swift delivery.

You've done better than Steve, ParcelForce have let him down :-(

How do they sound? - they may have a bit of treble hiss for a couple of days - I noticed that with mine.

I see poeple using those IsoAcoustics isolators for speakers when they are not on stands, to good effect.

I have some of those old Deflex domes between my V3s and AB-2s, although mostly because they are sticky so as to guard against the girlfriend knocking the V3s off, as she did a while ago and one of my V3s has a slightly damaged corner :-(

The house is empty (we have guests this weekend) and I can finally put the Test playlist on and turn the volume up a little. ‘I Forgot That Love Existed’ by Van the Man is sounding rather good but early days and things need to loosen up a bit.

Last edited:
Hi Neil, may I ask how you find your Sterling V3? I’ve just opened box mine and setup with a Nait 50. They sound fabulous.
Hi Bandit

Very happy with the Stirlings. The midrange is sublime and I don’t feel that I’m missing any bass (it is tight and enough). The lowly Nait 2 is on duty at the moment and sounding wonderful. Very happy. You?

Hi Bandit

Very happy with the Stirlings. The midrange is sublime and I don’t feel that I’m missing any bass (it is tight and enough). The lowly Nait 2 is on duty at the moment and sounding wonderful. Very happy. You?
Thanks for the reply. I’m also very happy with the Stirlings. They seem like a big headphone. I can hear every details of the music. Timing is really great. I’m not missing any bass with the Nait 50 too.

Now I'm curious, V2 vs V3, same bas and tweeter, different crossover.
I know differences may be difficult to describe in words, guess the loudspeakers are not a world apart from each other ?
Price difference is what ?

V3's are a bit leaner and brighter - possibly better imaging ? I think the improved crossover puts more emphasis on the tweeter.
V2's sound more warm and laid back
Not much in it to be honest both great speakers imo

advertisement

Back