advertisement

Is everything OK with Stirling Broadcast?

HeinzR

pfm Member
My SIL would like to buy some new SB LS 3/5a V2. I saw in the web that the German SB importer does not have a single SB of all types available. (The importer has no warehouse but all orders go through him and the goods come directly from SB to the customer). I called him and he said that no one from SB is getting back to him since some days. I hope everything is ok with Doug Stirling?

I had email correspondence with Doug earlier this month. Doug does seem to have an aversion to email, a trait I understand, but typically does respond to phone calls. Lovely gentleman to deal with so hopefully others can chime in with more recent and hopefully positive news.

Deco Audio ordered me two replacement tweeters a month or so ago. Was apparently a challenge to get hold of him, but no problem once they had. Maybe just a bit of a dinosaur with comms (and who can blame him).

There's a pair of V3 for sale on here, though I don't know whether the seller (Tony) would wish to ship outside the UK.

I have Stirlings on my shortlist for a potential speaker upgrade later in 2023, so I hope there aren't any issues

Just saw this thread. I ordered a new pair of Stirling V3's in light Oak last February. They had problems with getting the veneer or something - I waited until November and the dealer still couldn't tell me when they'd be available ! so i cancelled. Luckily I found a sh pair soon afterwards.

Spoke to Peak Hifi the other day who are a Stirling dealer and they said they can't get hold of Doug at Stirling at all and so were unable to offer me a demo of any Stirling speakers at the minute.

Definitely something not right going on...

A year later and it's not any better. I can't find an importer, or a dealer and the webpage looks like it hasn't changed in a decade.

I did receive a reply email a couple of weeks ago from him.
I was asking if he had any v2 in stock.
He only had special edition piano black.

I spoke to Doug about a year ago and he did say he wanted to retire and wind things down. I think at that time he had a younger guy helping him, so I guess it all rests on his shoulders now. I can't remember who he was referring to.

advertisement

Back