advertisement

IPhone 11

A friend of my daughter has just bought one on monthly payments, she will pay £2875 apparently over the next 3 years :eek:

On top of that is £10 per month insurance :rolleyes:

WTF !!

My XS 256Gb is £64/mnth with AppleCare for 20 months (that’s 0% interest) and I pay £20/mnth for 20Gb per month etc with EE. How anyone can pay well over £3K in 3 years is beyond me.

I have a feeling iOS 13 has broken Cyclemeter; just been out for a 24 mile canal path run and it recorded 7.35!

There’s still a queue outside apple in Birmingham,though not as long as yesterday .. suspect they’ll be doing ok.

Not long ago. My iPhone 6S noticed it yesterday, nothing for my iPad Air 2 though, I guess this is the split point when iPads get iPadOS (out fairly soon IIRC).

My IPhone X is less than 2 years old and it’s been a great phone and smaller than 6 Plus I had before it but I think I’m done paying new money for phones now. I’ll get a lightly used 11 Pro & save a small fortune instead.

Last edited:
Get the kids a cheap film camera off ebay if they show any interest in photography ;)

I swapped a 6 plus for a 10XR to give my daughter the 6 to have at school, which is a decent bus ride away. It's quite a bit faster but, in all honesty, it's much the same...

Not long ago. My iPhone 6S noticed it yesterday, nothing for my iPad Air 2 though, I guess this is the split point when iPads get iPadOS (out fairly soon IIRC).

As far as iPhones go, the 6S is the earliest that'll go to 13. I have a 6S on 13, my wife has a 6, with no upgrade offered.

Mick

After a frustrating initial period of a new learning curve I've become an iPhone convert. I bought a lightly used 6s for bugger all nearly a year ago. It's the last model with an audio out jack and I intend to hang onto it as long as the battery holds out. The latest models are ridiculously expensive IMO.

I find the the iOS interface more elegant than Android's. I got the notification for iOS 13 a day or two ago and am going to install it this evening when I have wireless access.

I’ve really liked my 128GB 6S and the battery is still holding up fine. Its been a great phone and whilst I’d love an 11 Pro for the camera I’m in no rush to spend that sort of cash. I’ll run the 6S until it is no longer secure or the battery fails.

The thing I want is an iPad Pro, but I want to play with iPadOS before flinging that much cash at one. Thankfully my old Air 2 is the minimum spec that will run it so I can have a good look at it once it is released.

advertisement

Back