advertisement

Integrated amp opinions

Agree on the PMC Cor and the Heed Lagrange, two integrated amps I'd love to hear as well.

Without prejudice to the inevitable selection based on system synergy ( or not…) , It’s entirely a budget stretching issue with the coined “80/20” rule ( exaggerated homily ) presenting itself starting somewhere in the £3,000 +/- strata.
That means that you are arguably getting closer to 80% of the performance quotient for 20% of the additional drain on your wallet as you sequentially upgrade further

MY FAVES BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE:
To £3000 price-point: EXPOSURE 3510 integrated amp

To £6000 price-point: LFD NCSE integrated amp

At £9000+ price-point: REGA OSIRIS integrated amp.
https://audiofi.net/2012/08/rega-osiris-punching-heavy/

All three are worthy premium performance options. The REGA OSIRIS / REGA ISIS VALVE cdp/DAC matched combo and their premium cost was worth every penny to MY SYSTEM (emphasis added). Intuitively, Others may have different tastes and experiences.

Without prejudice to the inevitable selection based on system synergy ( or not…) , It’s entirely a budget stretching issue with the coined “80/20” rule ( exaggerated homily ) presenting itself starting somewhere in the £3,000 +/- strata.
That means that you are arguably getting closer to 80% of the performance quotient for 20% of the additional drain on your wallet as you sequentially upgrade further

MY FAVES BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE:
To £3000 price-point: EXPOSURE 3510 integrated amp

To £6000 price-point: LFD NCSE integrated amp

At £9000+ price-point: REGA OSIRIS integrated amp.
https://audiofi.net/2012/08/rega-osiris-punching-heavy/

All three are worthy premium performance options. The REGA OSIRIS / REGA ISIS VALVE cdp/DAC matched combo and their premium cost was worth every penny to MY SYSTEM (emphasis added). Intuitively, Others may have different tastes and experiences.
Having had the LFD in my system I would take the Leema Tucana II over it any day. The Leema is a much better amp IMO.

I know it's not reasonable, but I have an aversion to anything with a fold-over cover.
I understand this. That is why I had my CDP's one painted..
TPzI7kl.jpg

Just start a cable thread

Good idea. I've got a super fancy Audioquest Sky 1m XLR jobby with 72v DBS battery pack to 'bias the dielectric' that were crazy money way back when (course I bought them end of line direct from a chap at audioquest, not for a couple of grand).

Or maybe I could assert that my box full of sand has quantum effects on the audiophile spec router, making the music sound better and the listener 15% more attractice to the opposite (or same, whatever suits you) sex.

Funny, I was in the same search 4 months ago and was hesitating between Leema Tucana, Norma IPA140 and a few others because I needed XLR and pre input. I finally bought a Copland CSA150 and I'm quite happy with it. I've not tested its dac (I have an Okto Dac8) but the phono board is nice. It is not as valve responsive as was my CSA28 but a change to a nos valve was an addition. Built like a tank and looking nice especially in Black. Worth to ear it.

Good idea. I've got a super fancy Audioquest Sky 1m XLR jobby with 72v DBS battery pack to 'bias the dielectric' that were crazy money way back when (course I bought them end of line direct from a chap at audioquest, not for a couple of grand).

Or maybe I could assert that my box full of sand has quantum effects on the audiophile spec router, making the music sound better and the listener 15% more attractice to the opposite (or same, whatever suits you) sex.
I can do you a box of audiophile grade earth for a proper earth connection. I'll provide a certificate of authenticity and everything. Just give me a couple of days notice to get the spade out. Premium quality, £100. Superpremium, £500. Includes UK postage. Cheques to the usual address.

Funny, I was in the same search 4 months ago and was hesitating between Leema Tucana, Norma IPA140 and a few others because I needed XLR and pre input. I finally bought a Copland CSA150 and I'm quite happy with it. I've not tested its dac (I have an Okto Dac8) but the phono board is nice. It is not as valve responsive as was my CSA28 but a change to a nos valve was an addition. Built like a tank and looking nice especially in Black. Worth to ear it.
Thanks for the post. I am thinking about auditioning the CSA150 but it won’t be with my speakers. Did you compare it with the Rega Aethos by any chance?

I can do you a box of audiophile grade earth for a proper earth connection. I'll provide a certificate of authenticity and everything. Just give me a couple of days notice to get the spade out. Premium quality, £100. Superpremium, £500. Includes UK postage. Cheques to the usual address.

Now we're talking. I want the premium, Yorkshire soil. From just outside Beverley, guaranteed cat-shit free and graded for particle size. Kiln dried (organic heating methods only) and the box should be made of Olive wood. Just one grove outside Montepulciano produces the best terroir for kitty-litter boxes. I mean quantum-resonators.

Now we're talking. I want the premium, Yorkshire soil. From just outside Beverley, guaranteed cat-shit free and graded for particle size. Kiln dried (organic heating methods only) and the box should be made of Olive wood. Just one grove outside Montepulciano produces the best terroir for kitty-litter boxes. I mean quantum-resonators.
My earth is far better quality than the low grade clay from Bev. It's West Yorkshire loam, from within the Rhubarb Triangle. Beverley, pfft. Even the pH is out of range for a quantum resonator.

My earth is far better quality than the low grade clay from Bev. It's West Yorkshire loam, from within the Rhubarb Triangle. Beverley, pfft. Even the pH is out of range for a quantum resonator.
I understand that there is a lot of Snakeoil in hifi and you guys are having a good joke but it might be better if you start another thread and leave this thread to integrated amps. I have found the previous comments helpful in deciding on my next amp and hopefully others have as well.

advertisement

Back