advertisement

Integrated amp opinions

I understand that there is a lot of Snakeoil in hifi and you guys are having a good joke but it might be better if you start another thread and leave this thread to integrated amps. I have found the previous comments helpful in deciding on my next amp and hopefully others have as well.
Lighten up, we are 5 pages in and a couple of light hearted comments don't detract from the rest of the discussion. It's not a scientific paper.

Got an amp itch and wondering which way to scratch it.

Interested in opinions (subjective, of course) between the following "house sounds" ie general sound tendency of the following integrateds and personal preferences:

Hegal
LFD
Naim
Karan KA 180 mk2
Densen
Any other favourites

I would buy used, so anything that was/is up to about £5k new.

70wpc into 8 ohms upwards.

Current system is Townsend TT, LFD phono, Arcam A5 CD, Topping E30, Densen B100 Mk5, Tukans plus sub.

Tony

I’m a big fan of Densen kit. I had an integrated on loan a few years back ( can’t remember which model I’m afraid ) and it ran my Dynavector pre power combo of the time surprisingly close .

Rarer second hand than hen’s teeth , for good reason

Lighten up, we are 5 pages in and a couple of light hearted comments don't detract from the rest of the discussion. It's not a scientific paper.
I have seen excellent threads derail so quickly and get personal at the same time.

@Pkay: sorry, I didn't spend too much time on boards lately. Unfortunately, I didn't compare it with the Rega. I bought it second hand without any hearing before and I was only hoping that it will sound like my CSA28 with guts.

Got an amp itch and wondering which way to scratch it.

Interested in opinions (subjective, of course) between the following "house sounds" ie general sound tendency of the following integrateds and personal preferences:

Hegal
LFD
Naim
Karan KA 180 mk2
Densen
Any other favourites

I would buy used, so anything that was/is up to about £5k new.

70wpc into 8 ohms upwards.

Current system is Townsend TT, LFD phono, Arcam A5 CD, Topping E30, Densen B100 Mk5, Tukans plus sub.

Tony
I would also suggest the simaudio 700. Fantastic sound and build quality and displaced a burmester pre power in my system. Also the uk agent renaissance audio are very professional to deal with. I am considering selling mine if you are interested. https://www.stereophile.com/content/simaudio-moon-evolution-700i-integrated-amplifier https://www.stereophile.com/content/simaudio-moon-evolution-700i-integrated-amplifier

advertisement

Back