advertisement

Innuos Sense app and V2.2.0 update

If I recall correctly, your issues were more 'user error' rather than anything to do with Sense.
Partly user inability rather than error, but Sense doesn't do what I want, while OS does. Particularly the speed of scrolling and ability to hold on an artist and play all, in any order. It may do so now, but it certainly didn't then. And having to rearrange everything into playlists to suit Sense, when I already had them organised in OS. Too much work for too little reward.
I know many people are happy to play with the app, but it's not what I want to do.

Do you mean can one install BBC Sounds on an Innuos running Sense via its Logitech Media Server settings? Then yes you can and that is what I did recently. Just follow the instructions on the links I posted.
Thanks for this, I’ve just managed to do it and working fine. Only issue is when I “heart” the station I want (6 music) it adds a shortcut to my RADIO PRESETS but then when I click on the thumbnail it doesn’t do anything.

The only way to play is to go into MUSIC > RADIO > Select BBC SOUNDS > STATIONS AND SCHEDULES > RADIO 6 MUSIC > Click on thumbnail and music plays.

On a separate note these plugins are great, just added the Airplay one so my other half can play from her phone.

Partly user inability rather than error, but Sense doesn't do what I want, while OS does. Particularly the speed of scrolling and ability to hold on an artist and play all, in any order. It may do so now, but it certainly didn't then. And having to rearrange everything into playlists to suit Sense, when I already had them organised in OS. Too much work for too little reward.
I know many people are happy to play with the app, but it's not what I want to do.
I prefer the Sense app, but totally get the 'user inability' in the general sense, when dealing with tech. I often find myself in awe of many of the phishies on here regarding their ability and knowledge, when working with the technology that is available to us hifi geeks. I tend to struggle in this regard, resulting in feeling very frustrated and just having to give up, though I appreciate the assistance I have received from members on here when trying to get stuff sorted.

I note the post from gavsw20, I did the v2.3.0 upgrade this morning and none of the radio preset buttons work, they take you to a "random play" control. I have emailed Innuos support. This is not the first time a software upgrade has actually had a less than beneficial impact and were it possible to revert to the last version of the software I would. As it is I have a CXNv2 for Spotify and now radio so all the Zen is capable of is playing out my CD collection sitting on shelves in the same room so a decent CD transport would do all in that respect, making the Zen largely redundant. I think the time has come to make a hard decision about the future of the Zen hardware, do I want all this grief, actually no is the answer. Having said that when it's working it sounds glorious, hmm.

Interesting. Radio Presets all fine here but, when I select a station, the only way to stop it playing is to switch to either another station or a locally streamed album/streaming.

I note the post from gavsw20, I did the v2.3.0 upgrade this morning and none of the radio preset buttons work, they take you to a "random play" control. I have emailed Innuos support. This is not the first time a software upgrade has actually had a less than beneficial impact and were it possible to revert to the last version of the software I would. As it is I have a CXNv2 for Spotify and now radio so all the Zen is capable of is playing out my CD collection sitting on shelves in the same room so a decent CD transport would do all in that respect, making the Zen largely redundant. I think the time has come to make a hard decision about the future of the Zen hardware, do I want all this grief, actually no is the answer. Having said that when it's working it sounds glorious, hmm.
At last someone else with the same problem.
Mines been like this since Monday, have put 2 reports in and still no solution, having to use 2nd system & CCA + FiiO Taishan to listen to RP.
Even took drastic measures today, did a full backup of rips and a factory reset + deleted Sense from my Samsung galaxy A8 tablet and re-installed it. Even pulled the iec out and left my ZenITH 3 unpowered for an hour, fired it back up, imported my tunes from NAS + logged back into Qobuz, NO F@#KING CHANGE.
RP still only gives RANDOM PLAY, & other stations you can't pause/stop unless move out and play a rip or Qobuz track. AAaaaarrrgggghhhh!!! Hopefully this can be sorted, bext time there's an update i will wait a few weeks to see if any problems before i jump in and do it.

John, Nuno did say to me -

"Happy New Year! Happy to hear that you're now set. You don't need to use Sense to import or edit your music. If you wish, you can copy the music via shared folders and edit with an external metadata editor. Then rescan after all the changes have been made."

Do you need Sense? I haven't tried what he said ( I doubt if I could manage it anyway, and I can cope with how it now works), but is his suggestion any use to you?

Lurch
I had an email from Innuos in reply this morning to say they were aware of this and it's on the "to be fixed list". I have pointed out that this is separate issue from the play/pause buttons not working although they may be be related in software. I have also pointed out that this is the second occasion in six months where a software upgrade has basically rendered useless the functionality of the machine and it's becoming rather tedious, and realistically apart from CD storage all the other functions are easily doable in another way, so am I going to continue with Innuos. If I can sell it on for a reasonable price once this current glitch is fixed, I may well think not. I suspect another upgrade will be forthcoming to fix all this.
Regards
Martin

Cheers, Martin.
Still no pause etc on RP, but the work around I found in the support section, is to use the regular rather than interactive RP streams.
Still need to move to say Qobuz, hit play and then pause to stop output, but atleast I have RP back for when reading/doing chores.
Don't think I'll sell the ZenITH once this is fixed, but will wait a few weeks before installing future updates beyond the one to sort this, to see what problems it causes first.

Everything seems to be working fine for me. I don’t know what the difference is between interactive & non re RP though.

Can’t say I find myself getting worked up about any of these issues.

I’ve a remote session Monday to address an issue whereby the backup graphic does not rotate and I get a “player connecting” error.

Well not quite. I have upgraded to v2.3.1 and yes RP now works as it should however streams from BBC Sounds are still not working correctly, selecting one still takes you to the random play on the control bar. A BBC stream via the radio look up lists works fine but it's a 180kbs MP3 stream rather than the 320kbs AAC so technically lower quality even if I can't really tell the difference. I have emailed Innuos with this however they have stated in the past that they do not support the BBC Sounds LMS plug in so they may decide to do nothing which rather screws UK Innuos users in my view. We'll undoubtedly see what transpires.
Martin

advertisement

Back