advertisement

Innuos Sense app and V2.2.0 update

Hi Fourlegs! Do you know if this still work on an Innuos server that is running Sense?

I thought I had recently seen reference to LMS on an Innuos web page and then remembered where it was. It was giving instructions on how the access the LMS settings to install the BBC Sounds app onto an Innuos streamer/server. This is the page I was recollecting.

https://innuos.com/kb/access-the-internal-logitech-media-server-lms-software-settings/

I'm just curious. I am very happy with Sense in its current version; for my purposes, it's the best control app that is subscription free.

Hi Fourlegs! Do you know if this still work on an Innuos server that is running Sense?

I'm just curious. I am very happy with Sense in its current version; for my purposes, it's the best control app that is subscription free.

Do you mean can one install BBC Sounds on an Innuos running Sense via its Logitech Media Server settings? Then yes you can and that is what I did recently. Just follow the instructions on the links I posted.

Do you mean can one install BBC Sounds on an Innuos running Sense via its Logitech Media Server settings? Then yes you can and that is what I did recently. Just follow the instructions on the links I posted.

Yes, that is what interests me. Many thanks! Tim.

Just downloaded V 2.3.0 - particularly enjoying tha addition of a 'Artist Mix'.
No doubt a lot more to discover over the next few days.

Just downloaded V 2.3.0 - particularly enjoying tha addition of a 'Artist Mix'.
No doubt a lot more to discover over the next few days.
So have I, and so far I'm very pissed off. Irrespective of which way I access it I'm unable to play RP. All I get is a random play box and when I hit it and starts a smart mix of my library. Classic fm, BBC R3 etc no probs, just RP.
Have reported it but so far no cure, I WANT my RP back, wish I hadn't upgraded to 2.3.0.
And yes I rebooted my Galaxy tab, phone and ZenITH 3 several times to no avail.

So have I, and so far I'm very pissed off. Irrespective of which way I access it I'm unable to play RP. All I get is a random play box and when I hit it and starts a smart mix of my library. Classic fm, BBC R3 etc no probs, just RP.
Have reported it but so far no cure, I WANT my RP back, wish I hadn't upgraded to 2.3.0.
And yes I rebooted my Galaxy tab, phone and ZenITH 3 several times to no avail.
Just tried RP and all appears to be working normally - hope you get it sorted soon.

Have just moved to using Sense and have two questions:
1) - Is there anyway to use a physical remote to prev/pause/forward tracks?
2) - Assuming the above is “no”, then is there a feature to have the prev/pause/forward on the lock screen of your device (phone or tablet) as every time I want to pause I need to unlock phones, open Sense, press “Pause” and it seems a faff.

2) - Assuming the above is “no”, then is there a feature to have the prev/pause/forward on the lock screen of your device (phone or tablet) as every time I want to pause I need to unlock phones, open Sense, press “Pause” and it seems a faff.
No 2. Yes.
Within System > Settings, there is a check box to lock device screen to open so it stays on, I do this on my tablet then just use the controls of the sense app.

I'm guessing it's not practical for you to use Sense via your web browser on a laptop?
If it were - problem solved.

Appears like a few more "glitches" in this 2.3.0, think I will wait until they get fixed before updating.

Appears like a few more "glitches" in this 2.3.0, think I will wait until they get fixed before updating.
Realistically any new update will likely come with glitches.
What's important is that Innuos continue to improve and develop what is already an excellent app - long may that continue.

I won't be installing any updates unless I have to, for security for example. I have had such a time with Sense that I only use it to import, modify, or delete music. Orange Squeeze is now doing everything as I want it to, and at least for me, is much more intuitive to use. So the Sense updates would be change for change's sake.
But last night I had a panic, as I couldn't connect to Sense at all, but turning the Zenith off and on again today seems to have fixed it. Phew!

No 2. Yes.
Within System > Settings, there is a check box to lock device screen to open so it stays on, I do this on my tablet then just use the controls of the sense app.
Thanks for this and it works. The problem is it batters your phone battery.

Surely someone has asked for a “Lock Screen controls” function before ?

FYI - I know ROON has a beta version that works well.

No such issues at my end (MK2 zenith & Phoenix USB user). Previously used orange squeeze and sense is night and day better. Anyone not using it is missing out.

advertisement

Back