advertisement

Innuos nextgen statement and synergistic research fuses

I can’t figure out how your comment relates to mine.
I quoted the relevant/pertinent bit in that reply which was "The SR shills are relentless."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying but it came across to me as, "fuses make no difference and anyone who says otherwise is a shill/fraud"

With that thought in mind, I replied that I thought it was sad that people couldnt hear the difference, because there is a difference.

Hope that clarifies

P.S. Unless of course you were referring to the tagline part. Well, under your name it says "self-righteous, but never right" Which made me smile :)

So I looked at the link, did a double take as it is priced at £155. If someone can hear the difference it makes in their own system then we should accept that.

personally I would imagine that if the fuse makes a real difference in audio performance then I would expect that recording engineers or mastering studios would also use them in their electronics. I would also note that this is an AC fuse and the manufacturer blurb suggested testing the fuse as it is directional and when inserted correctly the music will be more detailed.
I’m no electrical engineer but how can an AC fuse be directional to the point where it can make audio more detailed-or not?

Markie, you’re looking for new speakers, whatever budget you had in mind for audiophile grade fuses, cables and whatnot, put towards them instead. Then you could go mad and get some Addis pads for £2.50.

Has the OP put his "mod" suggestion to Sean Jacobs, designer of the NG power supplies? Would be very interested to see his response to "modding" an item and also thereby invalidating the warranty on an expensive unit.

Imagine that you've got your room treatment, speaker positioning absolutely nailed to the point you can hear differences between fuses in a digital streamer.

Oh wait..

I quoted the relevant/pertinent bit in that reply which was "The SR shills are relentless."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying but it came across to me as, "fuses make no difference and anyone who says otherwise is a shill/fraud"

With that thought in mind, I replied that I thought it was sad that people couldnt hear the difference, because there is a difference.

Hope that clarifies

P.S. Unless of course you were referring to the tagline part. Well, under your name it says "self-righteous, but never right" Which made me smile :)
The new expensive fuses you tried made a difference, in that they failed when current was applied to them. The Innuos approved fuse works quite well. There is a lesson there.

Now, I ran a test, with and without a fuse. The results were night and day audio wise for me. YMMV of course.

sjb, rather as I don’t really believe in god but hope there’s a hell where people like Tory ministers and Putin go.

So I looked at the link, did a double take as it is priced at £155. If someone can hear the difference it makes in their own system then we should accept that.

personally I would imagine that if the fuse makes a real difference in audio performance then I would expect that recording engineers or mastering studios would also use them in their electronics. I would also note that this is an AC fuse and the manufacturer blurb suggested testing the fuse as it is directional and when inserted correctly the music will be more detailed.
I’m no electrical engineer but how can an AC fuse be directional to the point where it can make audio more detailed-or not?
Guess you've not been to futureshop's site lately...
https://www.futureshop.co.uk/quantum-science-audio-red-high-level-fast-blow-fuse

Im betting youve not got good enough hearing to tell the difference in fuses

I can hear differences with boxes, cables, shelving etc. and have tested all at length before making purchase decisions. I have also done the same with fuses. Still waiting to hear that difference. Go bicker with someone else eh.

I played the fuse game back in the day. Zero difference in an unsighted test. You should try it, could save a lot of money.

advertisement

Back