advertisement

Innuos nextgen statement and synergistic research fuses

I think it is common knowledge in audiophile fuse world that Synergistic Research plug fuses (not talking orange, purple or whatever) start off as Bussman but then they add a Quantum Inductive Surface that makes all the difference (to the price).

Great thread. I'm thinking of developing and launching my own range of audiophile fuses. I will be able to confidently promise inky blacks.

I think it is common knowledge in audiophile fuse world that Synergistic Research plug fuses (not talking orange, purple or whatever) start off as Bussman but then they add a Quantum Inductive Surface that makes all the difference (to the price).
Ah, special sauce...

You would think that they would license that special sauce to other manufacturers, millions to be made. Or maybe the special sauce isn't sauce at all....:D

Thought this was all just a bit tongue in cheek, but if the “audiophile” fuses sold by that company are indeed just Bussmann (allegedly) that means my hifi and kettle and most of the plugs in my house have audiophile fuses in them.

Thought this was all just a bit tongue in cheek, but if the “audiophile” fuses sold by that company are indeed just Bussmann (allegedly) that means my hifi and kettle and most of the plugs in my house have audiophile fuses in them.

Does the kettle whistle a good tune with realistic soundstage and low distortion?

This is an interesting thread, I would really like to see the blown fuses 'unwrapped'. They may/may not be bussmans but Im pretty sure they will still be a single strand of wire of 'x'mm length. Audiophile fuses may even beat cinema popcorn profit margins. I never thought i'd say that.

This is an interesting thread, I would really like to see the blown fuses 'unwrapped'. They may/may not be bussmans but Im pretty sure they will still be a single strand of wire of 'x'mm length. Audiophile fuses may even beat cinema popcorn profit margins. I never thought i'd say that.
I've no doubt that they will definitely have eye-watering markups. As do cables as well. But even despite all of that, I still struggle to believe that they are just re-labelling fuses that cost pennies, common sense suggests that someone would have done a proper video tear-down (rather than a somewhat suspect picture which - to my eye - doesn't prove anything).

Definitely seems a bit suspect, but they're hardly the first to make ridiculous claims - anyone remember Peter Belt?

I've no doubt that they will definitely have eye-watering markups. As do cables as well. But even despite all of that, I still struggle to believe that they are just re-labelling fuses that cost pennies, common sense suggests that someone would have done a proper video tear-down (rather than a somewhat suspect picture which - to my eye - doesn't prove anything).

Definitely seems a bit suspect, but they're hardly the first to make ridiculous claims - anyone remember Peter Belt?
I saw the photos you refer to and I also concluded they were not sufficiently forensic. There are some other photos on the Polk audio forum (easily found with a search engine) of someone apparently stripping the label from a SR orange fuse to reveal a SIBA fuse part number. However I think these too are not sufficiently forensic.

To me the hobby is a bit of a rabbit hole (like most hobbies). However, there seem to be so many particular, really deep rabbit holes that I find it too embarrassing to be comfortable discussing the hobby with people not so interested in audio. And I have to wonder about the way social media in all forms is used (misused?) to influence people and persuade them into the deepest and most lucrative of them.

Out of interest, has anyone actually tried this? Would be very interesting if someone had one and was willing to potentially sacrifice it. I'd be surprised though, that seems almost fraudulent by claiming it is something other than a stock fuse. Irrespective of whether these things sound different or not, I'm sure they claim to be specifically designed for audio use, which blatant 'passing off' of a generic fuse would not be. Though I daresay it goes on in various things: cables are probably equally as likely....
I did. It was an SR orange in the photos. The photos are still on Page 8 of that thread.
It was very awkward for me when my very good friend of mine who kindly gave it to me saw I’d broke it but temptation got the better of me.

I now use my own mains block as in my current avatar.

I can confirm it was an SR orange.

You can still see part of the old label, and the black 'graphene' they paint in the fuse.

He upgraded to Purple. He's happy so I’m not going to debate it, we both have our own take on things.

2DwqJdS.jpg

advertisement

Back